Hi all, I can't make up my mind, here's what I've found localy:
50" S64 ~ $950 at costco
50" ST60 ~ $1300 everywhere
55" ST50 ~ $950 at the Brick
- I don't care about 3D
- Don't game very much, lag not important
- Movies and Sports is what I'll watch most
- I don't mind spending a few extra bucks for ST60 if it's worth it in terms of picture quality, some review has said the ST60 retains its quality much better when lights come on and it's worth the extra dollar if you don't mind spending it. I can spend, just don't want to needlesly
- Intended room is not a bright room, but I don't want to have to turn my lights down/off just to watch something every time. Not sure if that would be the case with S64 but just thinking out loud.
- 5" extra and still in my price range seems like a good deal, but I don't know how much better the new generation is.. also it'd be last years lower-mid vs. this years lower end model, I don't know what's better.
- Looked at Panny plasmas by instinct, but it seems people are liking Samsungs more and more so maybe I should consider?
Please help, some of these won't be available soon and my 42"G15 is broken and unwatcheable now I need a TV