Samsung f8500 input lag question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 09-01-2013, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQGsGbm6RJk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Wondering if changing input title to pc for gaming halts video processing or not to lower input lag? Reason being is with Xbox one release coming I'll use the Xbox one hdmi input for directv and don't want to lose pq for television material.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-01-2013, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 69
PC mode helped it a bit for me, but it's still inferior to my D7000.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnolberto View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQGsGbm6RJk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Wondering if changing input title to pc for gaming halts video processing or not to lower input lag? Reason being is with Xbox one release coming I'll use the Xbox one hdmi input for directv and don't want to lose pq for television material.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

My whole family plays Call of Duty daily. We now have the 60E550 and one of the guys here turned me on to the PC setting. We have no problems and kick serious butt on it everyday.
post #4 of 7 Old 01-22-2014, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16

Why did he turn GAME MODE off in that video?

post #5 of 7 Old 01-22-2014, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked: 830
my 'best' solution has been to use two inputs

hdmi1: calibrated normally in movie mode, for optimal picture quality. input lag is very noticeable though

hdmi2: named 'GAME' and game mode turned on, calibrated in standard mode. input lag is average. this provides superior picture calibration options than PC and possibly even less input lag(certainly not more)

keep in mind, the f8500 in game mode still has AMAZING picture quality that blows away most other displays on the market(basically everything that isn't a panny plasma)

if I was forced to only be able to use one input, I'd go with the game mode. like I said, it's still amazing quality and offers a lot of calibration options. the difference between the PQ of standard mode vs movie mode is noticeable, but the difference in lag between the two is obvious.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
post #6 of 7 Old 01-22-2014, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfumat0 View Post

Why did he turn GAME MODE off in that video?

game mode can not be turned on(or off for that matter) when in PC mode. it basically disables ALL options related to processing, along with many of the calibration and video modes too.

in my experience(and others from the owners thread) PC mode is about equal to naming the input GAME, and turning game mode on. BUT, you get a lot more calibration/video options with the GAME settings than you do with the PC setting.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
post #7 of 7 Old 01-22-2014, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post

game mode can not be turned on(or off for that matter) when in PC mode. it basically disables ALL options related to processing, along with many of the calibration and video modes too.

in my experience(and others from the owners thread) PC mode is about equal to naming the input GAME, and turning game mode on. BUT, you get a lot more calibration/video options with the GAME settings than you do with the PC setting.

Yeah I tried PC Mode,  looked awful, would have to turn brightness down to below 30 using the calibration tool on Xbone.  Interesting thing for me is that I do have to have a pretty high brightness setting using game mode, HDMI LOW, and RGB on the Xbox set to TV(limited).  I was at 60 when I used the calibration tool as they say to use it, "turning brightness down till the eye just vanishes".  But I just thought that was an outrageously high setting for brightness so I turned it down to 55.

Lag for me isnt a huge deal, I try to limit it by using server browser, only playing Bf4 on east coast servers, and using a wired connection.  I get killed a bunch, but I still have fun.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Pn60f8500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page