Advice on backlighting - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-02-2013, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I bought some LED backlight material on ebay before buying my 50s64 tv. The plasma is in my man cave and sits on an old computer desk with wheels. I chose to use this stand because the tv is either against a wall or diagonally, depending if my wife is watching with me. It is straightforward to set up backlighting if the tv is close to the wall but is more of a challenge when sitting diagonally. How far can the backlight be from the wall? It seems that the backlight would appear too bright if the distance is more rather than less... I can buy a white hardboard panel and attach this to the old computer desk which would make a consistent distance from backlight to wall regardless if against wall or positioned diagonally. My 50s64 is 46 inches wide. How much wider should the back hardboard panel be than the tv? A foot on each side? The backlight is a string of led lights with a tape backing plus a remote control (adjust on/off and adjust brightness). How close should the backlight be placed to the top of the tv? How close to the side edges? Thanks for any advice!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page