Questions about Panasonic GT50 THX Cinema picture mode? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-04-2013, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased a 50" GT50 HDTV a few days ago and I absolutely LOVE it! The picture is amazing. I was playing around with the picture modes though and i noticed one called "THX Cinema". How is this different from the regular "Cinema" mode? When i switch between them all that's obvious is that the picture looks a bit smaller but more complete (like it zooms out a tiny bit). Of course I'm completely ignorant to all this technical stuff so what do I know. Can anyone explain this to me? I the THX mode optimal for movies and such?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-05-2013, 01:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
It has never really been established exactly what this feature does, other than adjust the contrast, brightness, and sharpness controls. It is probably a "set it and forget it" adjustment.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-05-2013, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyken142 View Post

I purchased a 50" GT50 HDTV a few days ago and I absolutely LOVE it! The picture is amazing. I was playing around with the picture modes though and i noticed one called "THX Cinema". How is this different from the regular "Cinema" mode? When i switch between them all that's obvious is that the picture looks a bit smaller but more complete (like it zooms out a tiny bit). Of course I'm completely ignorant to all this technical stuff so what do I know. Can anyone explain this to me? I the THX mode optimal for movies and such?

It means that mode meets the THX certification criteria for picture quality, the THX modes tend to be a little more accurate out of the box but they usually are still not entirely accurate.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55gt50 55 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread - P60gt50 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page