Help with Panasonic TC-P42C2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-11-2013, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

I was looking for some help repairing my TV. I have a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV model number: TC-P42C2. A few years ago my TV suffered an electrical shock that completely killed it. I later found out it was because DirecTV did not ground their satellite but that's besides the point.

I am new to working on TV's but I was able to get the back off. The shock that killed it happened when I touched a connected HDMI cable to my DirecTV box so that's the first place I looked. On the board their is a black smudge right by the HDMI port it was plugged into.

The TV is completely dead. No signs of power, no blinking lights, no clicking sounds, nothing. I was wondering if that smudge could ruin the entire board or if it was maybe just a blown fuse somewhere. I also don't really know any steps I can take to trouble shoot so any help there would be greatly appreciated.

The specs of the TV are:

Model number: TC-P42C2
Serial number: LB01580695
Manufactured: June 2010

The main board with the smudge on it is a: TNPH0831AT. I was able to find the suffix number by watching some youtube videos.

Looking around it looks like Panasonic does not give that board to retailers any more so finding a replacement might be difficult, that's why I'm looking into every other option before I give up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Linkage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-11-2013, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 328
I suggest you contact Panasonic's National Parts Center at 800-833-9626 to see if they will provide you with a replacement.

Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

post #3 of 3 Old 09-12-2013, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I did contact them. They want $200 for a part that was going for around $100-$120 anywhere else before Panasonic quit shipping to them. I don't want to pay that much to fix this thing. That's why I was seeing if there were any other possible steps to fix this.

I read on other forums about people having similar problems that were fixed by replacing a fuse but I'm not sure how to go about checking/replacing those.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42c2
Gear in this thread - P42c2 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page