Blur on my TCP50S60? - AVS Forum
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Blur on my TCP50S60?
dagens24's Avatar dagens24 11:13 PM 09-26-2013

Hi all; new the the forum and plasma televisions; I just had a quick question. I bought a TCP50S60 two weeks ago and I've noticed a lot of blur when playing games. Whenever I rotate my camera or objects move around my character I see a double vision effect (for lack of a better word), almost like ghosting. I've recorded a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-sbWqjBU9M

If you look at the icon they seem to ghost quite badly as I move the map. Is this normal, or is my set faulty somehow? Thanks for any input.

Oh, also, I notice subtle off-white horizontal lines when white images are on screen. Is that to be expected? Thanks.

curly21029's Avatar curly21029 04:02 AM 09-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagens24 View Post

Hi all; new the the forum and plasma televisions; I just had a quick question. I bought a TCP50S60 two weeks ago and I've noticed a lot of blur when playing games. Whenever I rotate my camera or objects move around my character I see a double vision effect (for lack of a better word), almost like ghosting. I've recorded a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-sbWqjBU9M

If you look at the icon they seem to ghost quite badly as I move the map. Is this normal, or is my set faulty somehow? Thanks for any input.

Oh, also, I notice subtle off-white horizontal lines when white images are on screen. Is that to be expected? Thanks.

I believe what you're actually seeing is phosphor trailing. Having bright/white objects juxtaposed with dark/black ones during fast movement/pans is the easiest way to detect it. In addition, the effect is seemingly exacerbated by 30fps -- the standard for current-generation games.

Resolution: stop looking for "defects" (i.e. intentionally reproducing the issue) and just enjoy your television. smile.gif
dagens24's Avatar dagens24 09:03 AM 09-27-2013

Hey, thanks for identifying what I was seeing.

Tags: Xbox 360 Elite 120 Gb Console System
Up
Mobile  Desktop