Blur on my TCP50S60? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-26-2013, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

Hi all; new the the forum and plasma televisions; I just had a quick question. I bought a TCP50S60 two weeks ago and I've noticed a lot of blur when playing games. Whenever I rotate my camera or objects move around my character I see a double vision effect (for lack of a better word), almost like ghosting. I've recorded a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-sbWqjBU9M

If you look at the icon they seem to ghost quite badly as I move the map. Is this normal, or is my set faulty somehow? Thanks for any input.

Oh, also, I notice subtle off-white horizontal lines when white images are on screen. Is that to be expected? Thanks.

bskubs likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-27-2013, 04:02 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagens24 View Post

Hi all; new the the forum and plasma televisions; I just had a quick question. I bought a TCP50S60 two weeks ago and I've noticed a lot of blur when playing games. Whenever I rotate my camera or objects move around my character I see a double vision effect (for lack of a better word), almost like ghosting. I've recorded a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-sbWqjBU9M

If you look at the icon they seem to ghost quite badly as I move the map. Is this normal, or is my set faulty somehow? Thanks for any input.

Oh, also, I notice subtle off-white horizontal lines when white images are on screen. Is that to be expected? Thanks.

I believe what you're actually seeing is phosphor trailing. Having bright/white objects juxtaposed with dark/black ones during fast movement/pans is the easiest way to detect it. In addition, the effect is seemingly exacerbated by 30fps -- the standard for current-generation games.

Resolution: stop looking for "defects" (i.e. intentionally reproducing the issue) and just enjoy your television. smile.gif
post #3 of 3 Old 09-27-2013, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11

Hey, thanks for identifying what I was seeing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 Elite 120 Gb Console System

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page