Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-27-2013, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is the TV I currently own

Panasonic Viera TC-P50U2

I'm looking to upgrade to a TV that will provide a better picture when playing video games on my XBOX 360, PS3 and upcoming PS4/XBOX One.

I also use this TV for HDTV Cable and with my Boxee Box.

I'm having a tough time finding a suitable replacement as most of the reviews for the Plasmas I've shown an interest in complain about noticeable input lag issues when gaming.

Can anyone who games frequently recommend a plasma TV that's 55" or bigger without exceeding 65" that will provide a huge upgrade over my current model but also provide an amazing experience for console gaming without noticeable input lag?

I want to keep the cost of this under $2,500

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-28-2013, 01:04 AM

Liked: 19
If you're currently displeased with the PQ of videogames on your Panasonic plasma, you won't find any better PQ on the newest Panasonic plasma's with those 30fps capped xbox/ps3 videogames.

The framedoubling issue stays with Panasonic as they dont have the Samsung Auto Motion Plus AMP feature to interpolate/convert the 30fps to 60fps smoothly!
See post #9664 http://www.avsforum.com/t/1397245/official-panasonic-st50-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/9664

Even the upcoming PS4/Xbone probably most games will stay capped at 30fps with full hd 1080p, because of low gpu capabilty, gamedesigners will choose best 1080p graphics over framerate capped at 30fps!
Only the better pc videocards are able to handle 60+fps at 1080p.

Plasma's are best for playing motion smoothly with movies and true 60fps video/pc games, if you can take care/handle the IR precautions.

Computer/videogame graphics are better/best on LED/LCD, now with the latest generation Samsung native 120Hz/240Hz 3Dtv's with AMP Blur Reduction and Judder Reduction, both adjustable from 0 to 10 settings, you can finetune any 30fps games to gives the best smoother PQ!

Only hardcore FPS gamers can notice any input lags, since you don't even mention any 30fps framedoubling, you better go with a Samsung LED 3Dtv.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-28-2013, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I'm not unhappy with my current picture. Blu rays and boxee 1080 and 720p content looks awesome. I was just not sure if upgrading would even provide a difference to justify the price. LED is something I doubt I'd ever try. I've seen them at work and in stores and the picture is so so jerky for just basic tv.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 Console , Panasonic 50 Inch Plasma Tcp50x5
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page