TC-P55VT60 Break In - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-03-2013, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Okay...I say this with all due respect. I have just purchased and installed a Panasonic TC-P55VT60. Can someone please point me to specific and succinct break-in guidelines/instructions. I dont have time to read innumerable posts and opinions.

Thank you,
Scott

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-03-2013, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
With all due respect I say there's more than one opinion on the matter. If you want to go by the word of the manufacturer, w/o having your user manual handy at the moment, my strong suspicion is they don't say it's required.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-04-2013, 03:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopguru View Post

With all due respect I say there's more than one opinion on the matter. If you want to go by the word of the manufacturer, w/o having your user manual handy at the moment, my strong suspicion is they don't say it's required.

Appreciate the respectful response...smile.gif I suspected there were lots of opinions and not many specifics, which usually leads me to believe that whatever's in question isnt necessary. At least that's been my experience with other things in my life. I would wager that the best break-in is simply to watch TV. Hey, I could write a book on the matter...

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA
post #4 of 5 Old 12-29-2013, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
 Okay...I say this with all due respect. I have just purchased and installed a Panasonic TC-P55VT60. Can someone please point me to specific and succinct break-in guidelines/instructions. I dont have time to read innumerable posts and opinions.

Thank you,
Scott

Hello Scott,

So what exactly did you end up doing? I ask because I just made a big jump and ordered a Panasonic TC-P55VT60 and will be picking it up tomorrow. The whole plasma thing is new to me and since its supposed to be one of the "last great plasmas" I want to make sure I take care of it well and correctly. I've owned LCDs since early 2006 and have stuck with those but after much research I've realized that there are a million and one methods out there...

By the way how is the TV holding up... Has the PQ gotten better since your first started using it?

post #5 of 5 Old 12-30-2013, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BohemioVic View Post

Hello Scott,

So what exactly did you end up doing? I ask because I just made a big jump and ordered a Panasonic TC-P55VT60 and will be picking it up tomorrow. The whole plasma thing is new to me and since its supposed to be one of the "last great plasmas" I want to make sure I take care of it well and correctly. I've owned LCDs since early 2006 and have stuck with those but after much research I've realized that there are a million and one methods out there...

By the way how is the TV holding up... Has the PQ gotten better since your first started using it?

Boy, my original post sounds kinda testy. My apologies to all.
Bohemio-I guess what I did was to sift thru a lot of what I read on here and decided that most of it was unnecessary over-kill. I say this with no disrespect to anyone. So, if you read my original thread on all of this, you will see my thought process. Bottom line: I just watched the damn thing and dialed it into my liking. The only thing I did keep an eye on was any static logos and didn't watch stuff with those for more than maybe a half hour or so. I also kept an eye on hours of usage (you can look thru here to see where to find that in the Menus) just to get an idea of approx when I wouldn't have to think about break in anymore. Pretty simple really.

And, I've been very happy with the set. Its tons more lifelike in my family room than two high end LCDs were.

Good luck and let me know how you fare.
Scott

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version