Quick question: trouble deciding on display: F8500, VT60, ZT60? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 10-03-2013, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Here's the break down:

1) I can get an open box (two days old) 64 inch F8500 for $2200. No damage or anything, like new. In the retailers system notes, was returned only because he discovered it wouldn't fit, so the original buyer got a 60" instead. So no problems.

2) I get a 65ZT60 for $3000. New.

3) I get a 65VT60 for $2500.

I rent an apartment, so I don't exactly have perfect control over lighting, but I can get curtains up. In short, I don't have a massive custom built theatre with perfect lighting, lol. But I do the best I can.

Best decision? What would you do? It's a tough one...

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-04-2013, 12:10 AM

Liked: 53
>1) I can get an open box (two days old) 64 inch F8500 for $2200. No damage or anything, like new. In the retailers system notes, was returned only because he discovered it wouldn't fit, so the original buyer got a 60" instead. So no problems.

If you can get a warranty and extended warranty I would go for it
post #3 of 8 Old 10-04-2013, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenaniganz08 View Post

>1) I can get an open box (two days old) 64 inch F8500 for $2200. No damage or anything, like new. In the retailers system notes, was returned only because he discovered it wouldn't fit, so the original buyer got a 60" instead. So no problems.

If you can get a warranty and extended warranty I would go for it

That's what I'm thinking. Mind if I ask for more detail on why you think that's the best decision?

Originally I was debating moreso due to the reported input lags, about 54ms for f8500 vs. 43 for the vt60. Then I realized the odds of me noticing about 1% of a second difference were unlikely, lol.

But interested why you think first option. wink.gif
post #4 of 8 Old 10-04-2013, 09:43 AM

Liked: 10
Where do you sit when watching TV?

I ask because I am currently in the process of returning my second F8500 due to buzz. Altogether, the TV is amazing, but I cannot stand the buzz anymore.

If you prefer to sit directly in the middle of the TV, then I assume you will experience the same buzz I do. It is loud and audible over any standard volume, because it seems to be a frequency that does not blend in with the rest of the audio.

The input lag was also quite noticeable. I am a gamer and have been playing GTAV on it. I have tried game mode, which did little but make the picture much worse. I also have renamed my HDMI input to PC, which definitely helped, but did not make it ideal.

Just my input. If you are sensitive to noises like the above, I would avoid the F8500. In the past I have noticed noise coming from PC power supplies, and other sorts of "electronic whine", which does not seem to bother about half of the people I ask.

Good luck with your decision, and I hope you don't get a buzzer!
post #5 of 8 Old 10-04-2013, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrutape View Post

That's what I'm thinking. Mind if I ask for more detail on why you think that's the best decision?

Originally I was debating moreso due to the reported input lags, about 54ms for f8500 vs. 43 for the vt60. Then I realized the odds of me noticing about 1% of a second difference were unlikely, lol.

But interested why you think first option. wink.gif
Cuz it's the cheapest. wink.gif
post #6 of 8 Old 10-04-2013, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilacek View Post

Where do you sit when watching TV?

I ask because I am currently in the process of returning my second F8500 due to buzz. Altogether, the TV is amazing, but I cannot stand the buzz anymore.

If you prefer to sit directly in the middle of the TV, then I assume you will experience the same buzz I do. It is loud and audible over any standard volume, because it seems to be a frequency that does not blend in with the rest of the audio.

The input lag was also quite noticeable. I am a gamer and have been playing GTAV on it. I have tried game mode, which did little but make the picture much worse. I also have renamed my HDMI input to PC, which definitely helped, but did not make it ideal.

Just my input. If you are sensitive to noises like the above, I would avoid the F8500. In the past I have noticed noise coming from PC power supplies, and other sorts of "electronic whine", which does not seem to bother about half of the people I ask.

Good luck with your decision, and I hope you don't get a buzzer!

Well I am a gamer but like I mentioned I would be shocked if I could feel a 1% of a second in lag. But who knows. Maybe I'm super adept at noticing that stuff.

As for the buzz, that would be unacceptable, and if I notice it, I'll definitely return in. Hopefully not.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-27-2013, 02:36 AM

Liked: 19
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1469541/f8500-or-zt60/2400

There you have it, 81 pages in all it's glory smile.gif
post #8 of 8 Old 12-30-2013, 08:32 PM

Liked: 12

you can get a new 65 inch zt for 2799. Just fyi

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page