samsung plasma question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 10-06-2013, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got a samsung pn51d8000 and calibrated using movie mode settings from this site. I'm watch football right now and notice during fast motions it gets fuzzy as if the pixels are trying to adjust or something. I've had this tv for a while but only just noticed this. Is there a sports mode or something for this unit? Thanks in advance guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-06-2013, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 1027
You may have borrowed someone else's settings, but that's not a calibration as a calibration would need to be made for your particular set. I'd say experiment with the other modes but it could have something to do with the source, too. Motion isn't perfect on these (I have the 59D8000 fwiw). I do sometimes use standard or relax instead of movie but am watching the 49er game right now and it looks fine in movie mode although sometimes for sports particularly I'll use relax or standard instead but can't say that it affects motion or panning issues. Watch out for the Chargers tonight wink.gif

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #3 of 7 Old 10-06-2013, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

I see your point, but with all of that motion blur reducing and 1ms response advertising on these sets would seem it wouldn't happen. The only time I don't notice it is when I watch blu ray movies. Also playing so late, hopefully we catch the bolts napping.
post #4 of 7 Old 10-06-2013, 10:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersb21 View Post

I see your point, but with all of that motion blur reducing and 1ms response advertising on these sets would seem it wouldn't happen. The only time I don't notice it is when I watch blu ray movies. Also playing so late, hopefully we catch the bolts napping.

I'd tried briefly an LCD UN60C6300 and the plasma D8000 I think is better with motion and panning and a few other things....but it's not a perfect technology. Do you use the cinema smooth/96hz mode for 24p content?

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #5 of 7 Old 10-07-2013, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah I do use the cinema smooth, just wish function was available when watching dish
post #6 of 7 Old 10-07-2013, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Since it's a 24p specific function that's only going to be available when watching the appropriate dish channel...with the DirecTV I have that comes at a premium. I just wait for the BluRay....

post #7 of 7 Old 10-08-2013, 12:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I've read lots of comments and reviews about various samsung plasmas motion blur including 8000 models.If you look for it youl see it but if you don't you might not notice it much.It's still better than the unacceptable blur on some lcds.

Fiddle with sharpness.Sit further away from tv'helps the most.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51d8000 51 Inch 1080p 3d Ready Plasma Hdtv 2011 Model
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page