Buying a plasma TV..? Should I or not..? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-07-2013, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have been having a 6 year old 40" Samsung LCD TV, which has been working fine so far. Now, I want to buy a 60" TV for my living room. I have been off the market for a while now, and the last I remember is, I decided a couple of years back that my next TV will be a Panasonic Plasma.
My room is fairly bright, but there is no glare where the TV will be mounted. I am on a budget, and I read up a few reviews that suggested that ST60 is my best bet.

But, the last few days I have been reading so much about the demise of the plasma TVs, and Panasonic pulling out of this technology. That is worrying me a lot, and I'm thinking if I should switch back to considering a LED LCD TV. For some reason, I cannot think beyond Panasonic for a plasma TV.

Please advice.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-07-2013, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I just pulled the trigger on a 60VT60 after humming and hawing for the last two months. I too have read that the end of Plasma is near...but that doesn't mean that your TV will drop dead the moment they cease production. I am in it to enjoy a high quality image at a good value.

5 or so years later I'll see what is around and more than likely jump into an 80 inch OLED, or whatever the heck tech provides a great picture at a reasonable price at the time.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un40d5005 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Lcd Tv , Samsung Un40c5000 40 Inches 1080p Lcd Tv Black Red , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page