How to Get A Brighter Picture - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-07-2013, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have tried just about everyones calibration for 55st60 including a calibration by I ISF certified tech but picture seems too dark. Any setting people could suggest to get picture brighter I'm at warm 1 and gamma 2.4 with contrast 83. Moving brightness to 26 doesn't do much....thanks sammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-08-2013, 03:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Is the room dark, if not darken it and if it is, go back to factory defaults.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-08-2013, 03:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Most peoples brightness is in the 40s and higher contrast
post #4 of 6 Old 10-08-2013, 04:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy12 View Post

Have tried just about everyones calibration for 55st60 including a calibration by I ISF certified tech but picture seems too dark. Any setting people could suggest to get picture brighter I'm at warm 1 and gamma 2.4 with contrast 83. Moving brightness to 26 doesn't do much....thanks sammy

You do realize the brightness control is used to set black level ? Has nothing to do with light output, that would be the contrast control.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #5 of 6 Old 10-08-2013, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

You do realize the brightness control is used to set black level ? Has nothing to do with light output, that would be the contrast control.

Sorry I'm no expert but if the fellows above are saying increase brightness which as you say sets black level wouldn't i get a brighter picture. Don't want an argument just a means of getting my picture brighter. The room is not that bright , I would say about 1/2 to 2/3 as bright as an office when blinds drawn when sun shines directly in for a couple hours but normally during day 1/2 as bright as office,. The other point is the blues are really strong and does that cause darkness.. thanks eveyrbody for suggestions, keep them coming.....sammy
post #6 of 6 Old 10-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy12 View Post

Sorry I'm no expert but if the fellows above are saying increase brightness which as you say sets black level wouldn't i get a brighter picture. Don't want an argument just a means of getting my picture brighter. The room is not that bright , I would say about 1/2 to 2/3 as bright as an office when blinds drawn when sun shines directly in for a couple hours but normally during day 1/2 as bright as office,. The other point is the blues are really strong and does that cause darkness.. thanks eveyrbody for suggestions, keep them coming.....sammy

It won't get brighter, Brightness affects the darker end of the signal , black levels and shadows will become elevated if the brightness aka black level is set too high. The opposite is true if the brightness setting is set to low.

The picture or contrast setting is what affects your "brightness" overall light output of the picture. The brightness control is not correctly named it should be called, black level. Hope that clears the confusion. Wish they would change this ....manufacturer's are you listening..!!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P55st60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page