How much buzzing is acceptable on a panasonic s60 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 10-10-2013, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have a 65S60 and I can hear a loud buzz from about 10 feet away.  When I put my head behind the pannel, I can hear the buzz in each corners.  It's loud enough to be heard in quiet scenes.  The intensity of the buzz is different from scene to scene.  I know every plasmas will buzz, but how much buzzing is acceptable?  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-10-2013, 12:58 PM

Liked: 17
I think only you can answer that. If you find it unacceptable then exchange or return the TV. Everyone is different and what is acceptable to one might not be for another.
post #3 of 9 Old 10-10-2013, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkultra View Post

I think only you can answer that. If you find it unacceptable then exchange or return the TV. Everyone is different and what is acceptable to one might not be for another.

I'm just trying to figure out if it's normal for this TV or not...

post #4 of 9 Old 10-10-2013, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlVlv View Post

You should only hear it up close to the set in a quiet room.

Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

post #5 of 9 Old 10-10-2013, 05:54 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:

I have a 65S60 and I can hear a loud buzz from about 10 feet away.  When I put my head behind the pannel, I can hear the buzz in each corners.  It's loud enough to be heard in quiet scenes.  The intensity of the buzz is different from scene to scene.  I know every plasmas will buzz, but how much buzzing is acceptable?  

You should not be able to hear any buzzing at 10 feet away. Three of my four Panny's are virtually silent at 2 feet even on a bright or all white screen. Your must have a defective component inside - the two biggest offenders are a buzzing coil on one of the boards in the upper corners, and the other is the power supply near where the power cord connects.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #6 of 9 Old 10-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:

Based on one S60 and two ST60's I've had in my home, plus all the many questions just like yours I've read and replied to, APL-dependent buzzing audible from 10 feet in a quiet room is perfectly normal for these sets, and exchanging sets in hopes of getting a quiet one is futile. Here are a couple of my standard replies on the subject from just a few days ago. The first one gives examples of material and conditions under which you'll hear the buzz, and the second one talks about proper management of expectations:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1461177/official-panasonic-s60-series-discussion-thread/4350#post_23809184

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1461177/official-panasonic-s60-series-discussion-thread/4440#post_23819313
post #7 of 9 Old 10-11-2013, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:

it has a lot to do with your ears and the room the TV is placed in/viewing distance and ambient noise/sound levels

I can hear high frequency sounds easily and I tend to pick up on distracting sounds like plasma buzzing at times... other times when I am lost in a movie, tv show, or game I don't hear it much or at all

it's kind of like having a analog clock ticking in your room... sometimes you can hear it ticking clearly and loudly (distractingly) and other times you forget it's even there

post #8 of 9 Old 10-11-2013, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Yes, it has to do with individual hearing ability, ambient room noise, room acoustics (type of walls, ceilings, rugs, etc.) and the positioning of the set relative to where one is sitting. All these factors can vary dramatically from person to person.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-11-2013, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

I can hear high frequency sounds easily and I tend to pick up on distracting sounds like plasma buzzing at times... other times when I am lost in a movie, tv show, or game I don't hear it much or at all.

I'm the same way.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60
Gear in this thread - P60s60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page