2013 Panasonic Plasmas - (S, ST, VT, ZT) 60's - which have fans, which don't? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-14-2013, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Sorry if this is redundant, but I have been trying to get a final answer on this combing through 100's of pages of threads.

I recently returned my 65VT50 in on a 65VT60 due to burn-in issues on the VT50 (rip best buy all you like, but they were awesome about this for me).

So I immediately loved the picture on the VT60, but also noticed like many how much louder it was than the VT50 (I don't mind some fan noise as I have had a 850 series plasma for 5 years now). But while running burn in slides it was immediately apparant how much louder the VT60 was.

I am thinking mine likely has the new kit (serial number starts in 319 and I got it mid-october). It's on the wall and I hate to pull it down to look for the MFG date (though I will here soon).

But, no question it's louder than the VT50.

Does the ST series have fans or not? I looked at one in a store, but it has a different back on it, and frankly the store is so loud it's hard to tell.

I may return this VT and step down to the ST. So, just looking for a definitive answer. The fan noise is driving me a bit nuts.

Thanks. I don't game, my room has 100% black-out capabilities, and I run it through my AV system... so for me it's just a panel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-14-2013, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 440
VT and ZT are the two models this year from Panasonic that use fans for cooling. The lower end models do not beginning with the ST and moving down to the S or X if you're considering a 720p model.

Panasonic 60VT60 (cal by DNice)
Denon 5200 w/ Outlaw 2200 Amps (3)
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s F/R & Horizon w/ RAAL Center; Sierra 1s Surrounds; HTM-200s Heights and PSB S5 Rear Surrounds; Dual SVS subs
Oppo 103; Onkyo HD-DVD; Apple TV & Roku Stick
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page