Panasonic TC-P55VT60 picture - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-20-2013, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I just purchased the Panasonic TC-P55VT60 and I'm very pleased with the picture when the subject is in daylight, such as a football game or daytime scenes. Once the scene shifts to night I basically lose 90% of the picture. One recent episode of NCIS was all but unwatchable because it was so dark. Virtually anything from Netflix is unwatchable also,

I mostly use the THX cinema setting and I've cranked up both the brightness ans the contrast to max and all that does is ruin the otherwise good daytime shots. I've also gone through the custom setting given here: http://reviews.*******************.com/panasonic-plasma-tv/panasonic-vt60-picture-settings.html which don't seem to be as good as the THX Cinema settings to begin with.

Do I have an "out-of-the-box" problem that I need to have serviced or am I just stuck with a TV that only shows daylight scenes?

Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-25-2013, 11:04 AM

Liked: 42
Link for the settings that you posted is not working right now however have you:

1. Set the "Black Level" to "Light"?
2. Changed gamma levels? 2.4 seems to be the go to setting for most calibrations...I'm thinking of working with 2.2 as my DishNetwork feed is a little dark as well.
3. Changed "Panel Brightness"? "Mid", again, seems to be the go to...maybe changing to "High" will help?
post #3 of 5 Old 10-25-2013, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
You just need to adjust the basic settings to fit your viewing environment. Cranking Brightness to max is without a doubt the easiest and most guaranteed way to ruin the picture.

Use the free disc at http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration to set brightness and contrast. Adjust the model-specific settings e.g. Panel Brightness according to what everybody else here uses (PB on Mid and I believe Gamma on 2.4).

Adjusting settings according to personal preference is not calibration.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-13-2013, 07:58 AM

Liked: 42
Now that my panel is broken in (well over 300 hours, including 100hrs of "slides" ), and the colors red/blue are less vivid, I've settled on D'Nice's "Night" settings, but tweaked the IRE Gamma settings to "positive" values for all ranges (between 1 and 5). Still using 2.4 for Gamma, Standard color gamut for HDMI settings, and panel brightness "Mid". Contrast level at 56 is working for me as well, and the Dish feed is no longer as dim as when I initially entered the settings.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-20-2013, 07:03 AM

Liked: 10

yes,i think so,Still using 2.4 for Gamma, Standard color gamut for HDMI settings, and panel brightness "Mid". Contrast level at 56 is working for me as well, and the Dish feed is no longer as dim as when I initially entered the settings.

ec5F

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page