Delivery Checklist for Panasonic TC-P60VT60 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 10-21-2013, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Here is what I've picked up scattered around in various threads but did not see in any one concise location so I am posting it here.

1. Verify that all items are in the box
  2. Verify that there is no physical damage
  3. Connect all connections (at least Power, an HDMI source and ethernet)
  4. Check the screen with a flashlight (to see if there is any cracks or imperfections)
  5. Go to Menu > Help > Version > Status4 to check the hours (number after letters indicates the hours)
  6. Go to Menu > Picture > Screen Settings > Screen Wipe and run a screen wipe to look for dead pixels, blobs or other imperfections
  7. Run the color slide show to verify that the colors are accurate and to continue to look for dead pixels, blobs or other imperfections. Instructions for running a slide show from an SD or USB flash memory are found on page 99 of the eHelp manual previously printed out. Have flash memory ready to go
  8. Listen for excessive fan noise and verify build date for the possible in-factory application of the "foam fix"
  9. Listen for panel "buzzing"

Okay that is it from what I have seen by reading these forums over the past week. Did I miss anything?
Spock1234 and gcannon0317 like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-21-2013, 07:29 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Depending on who you buy the TV from and what level of delivery service they're providing (Curbside, Threshold, Enhanced, or White Glove), you may not be able to or allowed to do all the items above.

I just got an ST60 from Amazon a few days ago with Enhanced Delivery (they don't offer White Glove) and the guys were pretty patient with me even though they were running behind, but they are not required to wait while you do anything above and beyond what's listed in their delivery terms. I was unfamiliar with the redesigned 2013 remote and couldn't figure out how to bring up the USB slides (it's a much different method than on my 2012 GT50). The button is labeled SD/USB and is in the bottom right corner of the remote.

If you don't like the build date or the TV doesn't have the "foam fix" that is not a valid reason for refusing the TV. It has to be damaged or defective in order to refuse it.

Oh and the flashlight is not to find "delaminated layers", it's to check for small spider cracks in the outer screen or inner panel. Check every square inch of the screen, especially at the corners.

Also have the room totally silent so you can listen for excessive buzzing, especially if you're able to display the bright colored slides while the driver is there. If you can hear any buzzing beyond a foot or two away then there's something wrong with the TV. My ST60 is virtually silent unless i put my ear behind the TV, as was my GT50 and G10 and 11 out of 12 Plasmas i've set up for friends/family/neighbors/customers. One friend's 60ST30 buzzed right out of the box and even the delivery drivers said "that's not normal" so we boxed it back up and they took it back. The replacement TV delivered the following weekend was silent.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #3 of 8 Old 10-21-2013, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I'm taking delivery of my 60VT60 hopefully this Wednesday morning. However, I won't be taking delivery in my home in Canada but at a receiving service in the US and then bring it back home in a minivan. The inspection will be done somewhere in their office or possibly in their storage trailer. Hardly ideal, but it is what it is when trying to save a few bucks.

After I open up the box, will I need to set the TV up on it's stand or can I leave the set in the bottom portion of the box as a temporary stand while I do the power up and inspection?

At first power up will there be a bunch of setup items to jump through, or can I immediately go into menu with the remote and run a couple of slides and the sweeper?

When I pop the box back onto the TV I'm figuring I'll need to tape/rope it back together to securely carry it, correct?

Thanks.
post #4 of 8 Old 10-21-2013, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

Here is what I've picked up scattered around in various threads but did not see in any one concise location so I am posting it here.
  1. Verify that all items are in the box
  2. Verify that there is no physical damage
  3. Connect all connections (at least Power, an HDMI source and ethernet)
  4. Check the screen with a flashlight (to see if there is any delaminated layers?)
  5. Go to Menu > Help > Version > Status4 to check the hours (number after letters indicates the hours)
  6. Go to Menu > Picture > Screen Settings > Screen Wipe and run a screen wipe to look for dead pixels, blobs or other imperfections
  7. Run the color slide show to verify that the colors are accurate and to continue to look for dead pixels, blobs or other imperfections. Instructions for running a slide show from an SD or USB flash memory are found on page 99 of the eHelp manual previously printed out. Have flash memory ready to go
  8. Listen for excessive fan noise and verify build date for the possible in-factory application of the "foam fix"

Okay that is it from what I have seen by reading these forums over the past week. Did I miss anything?

Thanks Sammy2! I receive my VT60 this Friday. Perfect timing.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-21-2013, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Wouldn't number 4 include looking for micro-cracks scratches etc, nice job on the checklist smile.gif

Also listen for buzzing
Sammy2 likes this.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #6 of 8 Old 10-23-2013, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

My TV is going to be delivered today. So this checklist (I modified the original post) is pretty much what to look for upon delivery then?

post #7 of 8 Old 10-23-2013, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by absurd_username View Post

I'm taking delivery of my 60VT60 hopefully this Wednesday morning. However, I won't be taking delivery in my home in Canada but at a receiving service in the US and then bring it back home in a minivan. The inspection will be done somewhere in their office or possibly in their storage trailer. Hardly ideal, but it is what it is when trying to save a few bucks.

After I open up the box, will I need to set the TV up on it's stand or can I leave the set in the bottom portion of the box as a temporary stand while I do the power up and inspection?

At first power up will there be a bunch of setup items to jump through, or can I immediately go into menu with the remote and run a couple of slides and the sweeper?

When I pop the box back onto the TV I'm figuring I'll need to tape/rope it back together to securely carry it, correct?

Thanks.

All good questions. I'm going to just have mine on the floor in another room until I run the break in slides for a few days. Then I will move it into the family/theater room. Eventually it is going on the wall.

post #8 of 8 Old 10-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by absurd_username View Post

You shouldn't need the stand. My ZT60 stood in the box in a styrofoam base. However, the IR sensor is on the bottom bezel edge (just left of center) so the packing styrofoam might be in the way making the remote unusable. Perhaps there is a slot in the styrofoam base allowing you to use the remote, I just can't remember. However, you should be able to get to the hard buttons on the back of the TV. If so, they will allow you to access the menu for input selection and screen wipe, but the remote would be a lot easier.
Quote:

There are setup items. I can't remember if you can defer them. Sorry.
Quote:

The box has 4 plastic plugs which secure the top and bottom box halves together. They can be put back in as long as you didn't tear the box taking them out. Follow the directions on the plugs/box when removing them. So you shouldn't need to use rope, unless you just want to be extra careful. Just make sure you re-clamp the plastic plugs properly. I remember having to examine them to understand how they worked.

Panasonic TC-P60ZT60 plasma panel
Sony BDP-S5100 Blu-ray player
Samsung SMT-H3272 DVR
Yamaha RX-V650 AVR
XBOX 360
URC MX-780 remote control
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P60vt60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page