What did the VT50 60" go for at launch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 10-31-2013, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
We didn't say it. You did. I say the VT50 is better and the cnet review can say a virtual tie all it wants, but their measurements show the ST as being twice as bright blacks. And, again, nothing close to the best antireflective ever comment made about the VT. Then the twice as bad input lag, as well.
post #33 of 35 Old 11-01-2013, 03:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Once again you claim that CNet show the bright levels are twice on the ST60 as they were the VT50, but no direct link where any comparison was made.

I posted a direct link to CNET article: that said they were virtually a tie.

Did you get bored because there is only one person left in your "Pioneer Elite Voltages" thread that will even communicate with you, so you started to troll other threads?rolleyes.gif

Since you have never owned either set, I'm going to ignore your "expert" opinion, and put you on block as I am sure many others here have already done.
post #34 of 35 Old 11-04-2013, 07:06 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by somelogin View Post

You didn't say any of that. You only listed what is better with the VT50, so I assumed the rest you considered ties.

Why would you assume the rest was a tie, and not worse? When someone says something is better, than usually means the other is worse. I'm sure if he considered the rest to be a tie then he would have said so.

Quote:
Either way, it's still your opinion which one is better. Someone else may say that color accuracy matters so much that the VT50 is the better set.

Color accuracy alone doesn't make up for all the other advantages the ST60 has over the VT50. My GT50 is just a teensy notch below the VT50 yet my new ST60 blows it away, so it would blow away a VT50 almost as much. I hate to admit this but since i bought this ST60, i'm almost sorry i bought my GT50 last year - i should have just waited for 2013 instead. I like it, but this ST60 kicks it's butt - it has much better contrast, is much sharper and crisp, and facial detail is greatly improved which is extremely important to me.

Quote:
Also you didn't mention reflections and I know the VT would have less reflections than the ST60, thus the ST is worse in light.

Exactly why do you claim that when you have no direct experience with this? The VT50 uses the exact same AR Filter as my GT50 (as well as the ST50), and last year in Magnolia they had the GT50 and VT50 side by side facing the store lights and one of the things i compared in great detail before i bought was their reflectivity (virtually zero difference), yet when i temporarily set up my new ST60 right next to my GT50 in my bright man-room it reflects virtually the same amount as the GT50 - it's pretty much a wash on darker content, but on brighter content the GT50 is actually more reflective than the ST60 is, probably because the ST60 is brighter and punches through the ambient room light and sunlight better.

Quote:
Also, you can't say by fact that black level or contrast are better with the ST, as CNET measures the black level as double on the ST60. SO if you find another site claiming it gets lower on the ST, that's not proof, as another site says the opposite. So looks like that's now at least 3 of those 5 going to the VT50. Add in input lag and reflectiveness and the VT then wins on 5 of 7 categories and I ahvent looked into the video processing ie sharpness claims.

Well it's a fact that the ST60 has better contrast than any 2012 model.

You have to pick and choose which picture quality attributes and performance capabilites are important to YOU and pick the TV that sucks less for your particular needs.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #35 of 35 Old 11-04-2013, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

Why would you assume the rest was a tie, and not worse? When someone says something is better, than usually means the other is worse. I'm sure if he considered the rest to be a tie then he would have said so.
Color accuracy alone doesn't make up for all the other advantages the ST60 has over the VT50. My GT50 is just a teensy notch below the VT50 yet my new ST60 blows it away, so it would blow away a VT50 almost as much. I hate to admit this but since i bought this ST60, i'm almost sorry i bought my GT50 last year - i should have just waited for 2013 instead. I like it, but this ST60 kicks it's butt - it has much better contrast, is much sharper and crisp, and facial detail is greatly improved which is extremely important to me.
Exactly why do you claim that when you have no direct experience with this? The VT50 uses the exact same AR Filter as my GT50 (as well as the ST50), and last year in Magnolia they had the GT50 and VT50 side by side facing the store lights and one of the things i compared in great detail before i bought was their reflectivity (virtually zero difference), yet when i temporarily set up my new ST60 right next to my GT50 in my bright man-room it reflects virtually the same amount as the GT50 - it's pretty much a wash on darker content, but on brighter content the GT50 is actually more reflective than the ST60 is, probably because the ST60 is brighter and punches through the ambient room light and sunlight better.
Well it's a fact that the ST60 has better contrast than any 2012 model.

You have to pick and choose which picture quality attributes and performance capabilites are important to YOU and pick the TV that sucks less for your particular needs.

how does your ST60 compare to the others with regards to color banding? such as on a continuous gray ramp?

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn63c8000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page