ST60 pricing up and down on Amazon.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-29-2013, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Over the last month I've been keeping my eye on two hdtv's. The P60ST60 which has been consistently priced right around $1499.00. I've seen it drop as low as $1369.99 but then quickly back up. Today it's at $1449.99.

The other hdtv is the P65ST60. Same exact tv but it's five inches larger and a lot more expensive. It's been right at $2199.99 on Amazon but one day last week dropped to $1949.99.

I have a decent size room that could easily hold the 65 inch tv but the price is going to have to come way down on that one for me to justify spending an extra $700 for a 5 inch larger screen.

I'm probably not going to make a purchase before Thanksgiving weekend but if I see the 60 inch set drop again to $1369.99 I might be tempted to pull the trigger.

Anyone else on the fence between the 60 and 65?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-29-2013, 02:26 PM

Liked: 17
I bought the 60" VT because of the $550(at the time) price difference. I only sit 8' from the TV so it was not much of a compromise in my case. Only you can determine if it's worth the price jump, just remember you will never regret going larger. Looking back I still wish I got the 65".
post #3 of 5 Old 11-02-2013, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkultra View Post

I bought the 60" VT because of the $550(at the time) price difference. I only sit 8' from the TV so it was not much of a compromise in my case. Only you can determine if it's worth the price jump, just remember you will never regret going larger. Looking back I still wish I got the 65".

I'm still holding out for the P65ST60 to come down in price a bit more. I'm sure I'm gambling a bit with low inventory but I'll take my chances. I sit between 12 - 14 ft from the tv and the room in 15ft wide x 22ft long so it can easily hold the 65 inch.

I'll see what happens between now and black Friday and then I'm making the purchase. Can't wait to upgrade from my Samsung HLR 50 inch DLP to the 65 Panasonic Plasma.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-02-2013, 10:22 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankchef0 View Post

I'm still holding out for the P65ST60 to come down in price a bit more. I'm sure I'm gambling a bit with low inventory but I'll take my chances. I sit between 12 - 14 ft from the tv and the room in 15ft wide x 22ft long so it can easily hold the 65 inch.

If you wait too long you may miss out on getting a fantastic TV.

Quote:
I'll see what happens between now and black Friday and then I'm making the purchase. Can't wait to upgrade from my Samsung HLR 50 inch DLP to the 65 Panasonic Plasma.

I don't think any of the higher end or larger screen sizes drop in price on Black Friday (seems to be only on small entry level models). Prices are already so low as it is i wouldn't count on seeing them drop much lower if at all (but it is possible). About a month ago Panasonic dropped the List Price of all their TVs across the board so i don't think they'll be dropping them again (they usually drop them around summer time, then again in the fall).

When i ordered my 55ST60 from Amazon three weeks ago it had recently dropped from $1399 to $1295 so i jumped on it, then about 3 days
before my 14-day price match/return window was to close their price suddenly dropped to $1229 so i contacted Amazon and requested a price match refund for the difference which they cheerfully credited back to my Visa card. The very next day the price jumped up a bit to $1254 for a few more days, then went back up to the original $1295. I'm glad i decided not to wait till the end of my window otherwise i wouldn't have gotten that $66 back.

If you really want this TV and don't want to miss out on getting one before they disappear forever, you might want to consider buying it soon, and if you buy it from Amazon or BB etc just monitor their prices a few times a day and hope they have a price drop that you can get refunded.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR605, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #5 of 5 Old 11-02-2013, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

If you wait too long you may miss out on getting a fantastic TV.
I don't think any of the higher end or larger screen sizes drop in price on Black Friday (seems to be only on small entry level models). Prices are already so low as it is i wouldn't count on seeing them drop much lower if at all (but it is possible). About a month ago Panasonic dropped the List Price of all their TVs across the board so i don't think they'll be dropping them again (they usually drop them around summer time, then again in the fall).

When i ordered my 55ST60 from Amazon three weeks ago it had recently dropped from $1399 to $1295 so i jumped on it, then about 3 days
before my 14-day price match/return window was to close their price suddenly dropped to $1229 so i contacted Amazon and requested a price match refund for the difference which they cheerfully credited back to my Visa card. The very next day the price jumped up a bit to $1254 for a few more days, then went back up to the original $1295. I'm glad i decided not to wait till the end of my window otherwise i wouldn't have gotten that $66 back.

If you really want this TV and don't want to miss out on getting one before they disappear forever, you might want to consider buying it soon, and if you buy it from Amazon or BB etc just monitor their prices a few times a day and hope they have a price drop that you can get refunded.

I totally agree with you. I'm really close to pulling the trigger. I follow the up and down pricing on Amazon very closely and I'm well aware of the 14 day price match refund. On Oct. 25th the 65 inch dropped from 2199.99 to 1949.99. I'm sure it will drop again. I'm going to wait another two weeks to get within the 14 day period of any black Friday deals. I'm tracking my amazon pricing on camelcamelcamel.com. Email notification when it drops in price. Pretty cool. I'm also keeping a close eye on ABT Electronics pricing because I've purchased from them before and they will match anyone's price, don't charge sales tax which saves me $181.00 and they have a 30 day price match program so if they're pricing drops they also credit your account. I'm going to get one of these no matter what. Just trying to get the best deal I can. Enjoy..
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page