3rd Samsung plasma with dead pixels. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-31-2013, 04:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm on my 3rd Samsung plasma. I started with a D8000 and that got a line of dead pixels from top to bottom. Samsung refunded my money and I got a E8000, that developed dead pixels one of which was a bright pixel. I just got a F8500 under the extended warranty, now that has a dead pixel but it only shows when the area of the screen is red.mad.gif

I was told it was rare to have one with problems let alone two but now I have had three with problems. Am I just incredibly unlucky or is it normal to have to put up with dead pixels? I wall mounted all of them using a Vesa mount, could that cause issues? I'm also wondering if the store I got them from might be transporting them laying down or something stupid, unfortunately I keep getting sent back to the same store I bought the original from.

Any thoughts?

Samsung UA55HU9000, Klipsch Quintet 5.1, Onkyo TX-NR515AE, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U. Plus a bunch of old consoles.
XBL: DELTAprime, PSN: DELTAsnake, Wii U: DELTAprime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-31-2013, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
Out of the 3 Kuros I owned, one had a damaged subpixel (some colors were fine, others not so much) out of the box. I moved onto Panasonic this year, and it developed one faulty pixel at 3 months into ownership (thankfully not detectable from my typical seating distance). It happens, and Samsung's QC is among the worst.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 65 Inch 3d Led Hdtv Un65d8000 , Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page