P65ST60 calibration.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-04-2013, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm really close to purchasing the P65ST60 and was wondering if there is one particular thread on calibration that hits it right on the head.

First off I need to know if I'm understanding this correctly. Out of the box it should be pretty well set up with factory settings and I should notice an amazing picture from the get go?

From this point there are things that can be done to break in the tv and fine tune the settings to make the picture even better?

Is it really a simple process and once correct way of doing this or is it one of those things where everyone has a different method of breaking in there plasma.

I'm just hoping it's not a confusing technical process that has me messing with every setting on the tv.

If anyone could explain this breaking in period of the tv or direct me to the best link out there so I can get myself up to speed I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 149
The Cinema settings will probably be very good right out of the gate once you disable alot of the un-needed special video features and then you set the brightness properly, and probably fine tune the contrast to your needs. (lower/increase the contrast to get more or less light output) The brightness is one of the main settings that should be set right off the bat to make sure you are neither clipping black and losing shadow detail in dark scenes and that it's not set too high and you are making the picture washed out.

Sony 32" EX400 calibrated settings
Panasonic 50" S60 calibrated settings
HTPC/Sony S5100 to Sony HT-CT660 to Panasonic 55" VT60, Sony 32" EX400, Panasonic 50" S60
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page