Panasonic Plasma 42" Display screen TH-42PW5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-06-2013, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

how do i connect a dvd player to this screen it has a row of plugs on the back  i have seen it working but the previos owner has disconnected everything an i dont know where all the plugs go

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-06-2013, 07:44 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Symons View Post

how do i connect a dvd player to this screen it has a row of plugs on the back  i have seen it working but the previos owner has disconnected everything an i dont know where all the plugs go

It would be helpful if you would include a picture of the "row of plugs" so we could identify them, but if memory serves me correct that monitor has a Component Video input terminal board with at least three BNC inputs (one /R, one /B, and one /G which will be for the Red/Blue/Green video cable). There should also be two audio inputs on that board - either Red/White RCA or they could also be BNC.

If you want to connect a regular DVD Player using regular Red/Blue/Green Component Video cables, you'll need to buy some BNC-to-Female RCA adapters (like the Monoprice # 4121 below) to connect the R/B/G video cables to the BNC inputs.

There should also be another board with one or two VGA inputs, and you can also use the VGA input to display Component Video by using a VGA-to-RCA RGB Breakout Cable (like the Monoprice # 2170 below), then go into the display's setting and change the signal type for that input from PC to Component.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #3 of 3 Old 11-07-2013, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

thanks all sorted

regards

john

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version