Viera Connect issue with Panasonic TCP-55GT31 and Comcast router - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-06-2013, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

We have been using a Pansonic TCP-55GT31 plasma and Comcast cable wireless router without any real problems the last 2 years and now all of a sudden the Viera cast has stopped working. We have changed nothing on the TV or router. The problem started about a week ago and I have tried both Panasonic and Comcast tech support and they both have not been able to figure it out.

The TV is connected via wireless to the router, and is working fine in the internal network. The router assigns an IP and the "connection test" passes all the way down until it reaches the last item "Check communication with Viera Connect Server". Then that repeatedly fails. 

I have tried resetting the TV, restore defaults, and a full power down on the router and reset that.

Tried manually assigning a different DNS to the Pansonic tv (8.8.8.8) which was Panasonic's suggestion, that didn't help. 

Tried manually assigning a different IP within the range to the TV that didn't help.

A comcast tech came out and looked everything over and said he couldn't figure it out, said the problem has to be on Viera's side (like their server is down which apparently is not the case - see below).

However, get this...

We have a neighbor who lives next door (and the TV can see their router) and so they let me connect the TV to their comcast router. And the TV connected immediately through their router to Viera cast server!

WTH? I am really stumped, any help is appreciated!

thanks,

Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-09-2014, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have the same problem. I moved, kept the same router and same comcast service, but now it doesn't work. Times out on the last check box of connecting to viera server. did you get this solved?

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page