black friday tv deals?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-07-2013, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey all, for the past month or so I been trying to purchase a t.v. I've purchased a couple to try them out and I eventually took them back. In my hast to get a t.v. I realized that in a couple weeks black Friday will be upon us. I've never purchased a t.v. on black friday so for those who have. I buy from walmart, sears, or best buy as I have cards with them. Do these companys put all the t.v.s on sale or just some. Would the f8500 or st60 be t.v.s that would go on sale or do top of the line t.v.s tend to stay where they are. Just figered if i could hold out for a couple weeks I might be able to save a couple 100. Mainly looking at the f8500. I had one and took it back to try out other t.v.s but it would be sweet if i could get one of those a couple 100 off. I realize none here probably works for these companies or has a crystal ball but from years before expierence can anyone shed any light for me. I've called the stores and they cant tell me much. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-07-2013, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
In the age of the web, the only thing "on sale" is junk to get you there. Name brand TVs are not discounted any more than any other time. CR has a whole list of stuff "not to buy on BF".

Tony
post #3 of 5 Old 11-07-2013, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Most of the time it's the low end stuff.

If you want an ST60 I'd buy now, just read in the Panasonic thread.. production is stopping (or already stopped?) on most models so get then while you can.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-07-2013, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the replies. That's pretty much what i was expecting was just hoping i guess more than anything. Thanks again
post #5 of 5 Old 11-07-2013, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtangletn View Post

Most of the time it's the low end stuff.

If you want an ST60 I'd buy now, just read in the Panasonic thread.. production is stopping (or already stopped?) on most models so get then while you can.

Probably going to give the st60 a shot. At half the price for a 50 inch it's probably worth it and wait til next year to be able to afford a 60f8500
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page