Panasonic ST60 shutting off (8 red led blinks!) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-09-2013, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hey everyone,

I just bought a Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST60 from FutureShop in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was the last 55" they had so I was happy as the 60" was too big and expensive and the 50" was too small!

Anyway, I turned the TV on and it worked fine for maybe 20 minutes then it randomly turned off and the red power LED was blinking 8 times over and over. I unplugged it and restarted it and it worked again, I ran the software update and around the same time (10-15 minutes) it turned off again.

I left it off for a long time.. maybe 1.5-2 hours before turning it back on and this time it seemed to work for 4 hours before turning off randomly and blinking once again 8 times over and over.

I'm a bit exhausted on trying to self-fix this via menu options or what not so I think I got a lemon. I'm really disappointed as I've read such fantastic reviews on the ST60 series :( 

Anyone know what's wrong with it? I havent even enjoyed it for half a day and it's already broken - I'm thinking of returning it to FutureShop and just getting another LED TV. I was really set on this screen but now I am worried even if I get a new one that it won't last me beyond the 1 year warranty Panasonic provides. 

Any suggestions/Ideas? thanks! :D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-10-2013, 12:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 59
GEEZZZZ.....just return it already.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

post #3 of 6 Old 11-10-2013, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

Not as simple as just returning it, the ST60 is a well known model for its PQ. I like it, the problem is that they don't have anymore in stock - this was the last one besides a floor model which I refuse to get. So I'm stuck giving up a glorious TV for a downgrade - my question was if you guys had suggestions what I should get instead of the ST60 within $1599 range?

I just don't like the idea of having a TV for 1 day and calling a service centre to come and repair it, doesn't make me feel safe about the TV down the road. 

post #4 of 6 Old 11-10-2013, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

PS thanks for replying!

post #5 of 6 Old 11-10-2013, 09:23 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyserb View Post

Not as simple as just returning it, the ST60 is a well known model for its PQ. I like it, the problem is that they don't have anymore in stock - this was the last one besides a floor model which I refuse to get. So I'm stuck giving up a glorious TV for a downgrade - my question was if you guys had suggestions what I should get instead of the ST60 within $1599 range?

I just don't like the idea of having a TV for 1 day and calling a service centre to come and repair it, doesn't make me feel safe about the TV down the road. 

It's not a big deal to repair most problems on a Panasonic TV. Very likely it's just a simple quick PCB board replacement and usually once it's replaced the TV lives a normal life from then on. I'd rather just get this one fixed under warranty then settle for a lesser model or lesser brand. And if Panasonic cannot repair the TV for whatever reason, they usually give you a new one directly or maybe even upgrade you to a larger size or higher model if they can't do an exact replacement.

Can you buy the same size/model from a different retailer and just return this defective unit for a refund?

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

Gallery -
post #6 of 6 Old 11-10-2013, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyserb View Post

$1295 with free shipping at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-P55ST60-55-Inch-Includes-Glasses/dp/B00AVRJK76/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384150111&sr=8-1&keywords=TC-P55ST60
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P55st60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page