AVS Forum banner
630 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  kopbloke 
#1 ·

Hello all,

This is my first post to AVS, which I have been an avid reader for many years.

I have decided to join this forum after owning a rather excellent Panasonic Viera 55VT30 plasma TV for almost 2 years and have been getting burn-in/stubborn IR caused by the subtitles (I have to have subtitles to watch programs as I have hearing difficulties).

Although I did manage to reduce the IR by running a pixel flipper DVD for a couple of weeks on/off, but the IR returned with a vengeance after watching the first episode of American Horror Story : Coven.  I am practically wasting money and energy, not to mention wearing out my blu ray drive, trying to get rid of the IR only for it to come back after an hour of watching TV.

I paid approx £2,500 for this TV from John Lewis and I have been seriously considering ditching it for a Samsung UE46F8000 LCD TV.

I am very reluctant to throw £2,500 down the drain and my question is that is there anything I can do under John Lewis' 5-year guarantee or am I screwed?

Many thanks

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.