Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Image Retention Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 96 Old 07-06-2014, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
smeg36, marky12 do you have the pixel orbiter set to on?

I have a ST-60 with maybe 500 hours and seen no hints of IR. We ran HBO for the 1st 100 hours and avoid stations that have non-opaque logos. Still, watching the NFL Draft and World Cup on ESPN produced no hints of IR. Sorry you're having problems. Maybe there are variations unit to unit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 Old 07-07-2014, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky12 View Post
Is the Clean Screen utility referenced in the first URL similar to the Disney WOW Pixel Flipper? I purchased a demo 55" VT60, which I realize is not the TV in question, and it has some static logo/scroller IR along the bottom of the screen. I'm hoping it's not actual burn in. Anyway, I can run the utility referenced in the first URL via a web browser on the TV and just curious if it's similar to other tools I've seen referenced. My TV seems to have a screen saver which kicks in after a couple of minutes when browsing, which kind of defeats the purpose, and I'm not sure whether it can be disabled.
post #93 of 96 Old 07-07-2014, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
Is the Clean Screen utility referenced in the first URL similar to the Disney WOW Pixel Flipper? I purchased a demo 55" VT60, which I realize is not the TV in question, and it has some static logo/scroller IR along the bottom of the screen. I'm hoping it's not actual burn in. Anyway, I can run the utility referenced in the first URL via a web browser on the TV and just curious if it's similar to other tools I've seen referenced. My TV seems to have a screen saver which kicks in after a couple of minutes when browsing, which kind of defeats the purpose, and I'm not sure whether it can be disabled.
It's similar but I found the screen wipe to be more useful for static white logos but they can be stubborn so it'll take a while.
post #94 of 96 Old 07-08-2014, 11:15 AM

I've run the screen wipe a few times, but not for extended periods. I turned it on this morning when I left for work. I can't say that I've seen any improvement in my IR, but I've only had the TV for a week. It was a floor model from a friend's small electronics store, and it had around 1000 hours when purchased. I hope it's not an actual burn. I'm not sure whether there is a perceptible difference between IR and actual burn in.

I'm considering getting the Disney WOW blu-ray for the pixel flipper and I'm also considering this for calibration/free shipping http://www.amazon.com/Spears-Munsil-...libration+disc
post #95 of 96 Old 07-08-2014, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Where is the IR ? I have a floor model VT60 with mild ESPN IR, Ran the pixel flipper alot when I first got it. I see it occasionally but decided it was nnt worth the wear and tear and the electricty to try to get rid of it entirely.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #96 of 96 Old 07-08-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Where is the IR ? I have a floor model VT60 with mild ESPN IR, Ran the pixel flipper alot when I first got it. I see it occasionally but decided it was nnt worth the wear and tear and the electricty to try to get rid of it entirely.
Bottom right corner where a lot of static logos are displayed, and along the bottom where there would be news scrollers. It's not really noticeable during normal viewing, but knowing it's there is like sleeping on a bed of needles. That's how my OCD rolls.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P60st60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page