Panasonic Plasma P50GT60 - Stutter / Judder due to Playstation 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-22-2013, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello folks I am a new owner of a P50GT60 and I love everything about that TV and its quality except there is a small issue.

First of let me tell you about the TV settings and mainly the fact that I have Intelligent Frame Creation set to Max. Yes yes I know, but I love the soap opera effect on certain films, like animation films from Pixar.

So the problem is that, when playing a video file through Playstation 3, but not a Blu Ray, just a downloaded video using the video player of Playstation, while the picture is super smooth and perfect, after a while (its not a pre set amount of time) the film starts to judder, or stutter (dont know the difference).

Now the weird thing is that I have realised that it is not the TV but rather the playstation itself. Meaning that if i stop the video, and then resume, then the stutter is gone until it comes back 10 minutes later or so.

Can you possibly tell me what I can to do alleviate this problem? Is this a setting of the playstation or something else? For your info Playstation is set to 1080p and 1080p 24p is set to "ON".

Again I havent noticed this happening when playing blu ray discs.

Also when gaming and in particular GTA V mostly if i have intelligent motion creation in anything else other than Min, I get too much stutter. In other games I can go up to Mid setting with no problem, while Max setting is only good for games with perfect framerate or else... stuttering .

Any help, advise would be highly appreciated. I know it doesnt sound like a faulty panel, but if you can reassure me i will be grateful.

Thank you and sorry for long post.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-22-2013, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 163
The GT60 model was released only in Europe if I'm not mistaken, most of us here owned last years GT50 model since the GT60 was not released here in North America. Therefore the settings are all different. But from the sounds of it, it's definitely a problem with your video file and PS3. I stopped playing video files on my PS3 long time ago since I have a HTPC now but I remember that the PS3 played DVix files perfectly. I'm not sure what format you are using but it's not a tv problem. Good luck.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360 HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #3 of 3 Old 11-23-2013, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

The GT60 model was released only in Europe if I'm not mistaken, most of us here owned last years GT50 model since the GT60 was not released here in North America. Therefore the settings are all different. But from the sounds of it, it's definitely a problem with your video file and PS3. I stopped playing video files on my PS3 long time ago since I have a HTPC now but I remember that the PS3 played DVix files perfectly. I'm not sure what format you are using but it's not a tv problem. Good luck.

thank you for the reply!

is it normal when gaming and using intelligent frame creation to experience stuttering when there are extreme framedrops in game?

wasnt IFC supposed to remove judder/stutter? As i said especially in GTA V i get some extreme stutter with IFC on max while in other games with more stable framerate it is smooth
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread - P60gt50 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page