Contrast at 100 for first 10-12 Hours - am I screwed? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 11-24-2013, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Thuggies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Stupid me.

 

I've been playing PS4 on the Panasonic TC-P65S60 65-Inch 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV straight out of the box on the home theater setting, with the contrast at 100. Much to my chagrin, I found out about this technique too late, obviously. 

 

I'm seeing some faint lines when playing Assassin's Creed 4 and seeing a dragging line extending from the health display in the upper left. Also I'm seeing a very faint vertical line in running down the center of the screen. I have no idea how that got there!

 

What can I do? Will it go away once I reach 100+ hours?  Any help?

 

Thanks a lot.

 

Jeff

Thuggies is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 2 Old 11-25-2013, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
whipit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SGF
Posts: 1,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 69
It sounds like you are starting to get Image Retention. I'd try running full screen content as much as possible to get rid of it. If you do that about 85% of the time and keep gaming to the other 15% you should be fine, eventually. Maybe if you play a game use a lower contrast preset and raise contrast with tv content(no or minimal logos).
whipit is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P65s60 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off