Panasonic 65" ST60 vs VT60 (coming from PN50C7000, does anyone know the input lag?) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-26-2013, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello All,

I have been a long time lurker and this is my first post. I have read through the input lag thread on the ST60 and it has not really cleared up my concerns. So I am hoping someone here can help me.

I will be using this TV for BD, Sports, and Games (split evenly). I was set on the ST60 until reading about the input lag, which has driven me towards the VT60 (thought about w900a but I like plasma). The TV will be in an upstairs bonus room with 2 windows, that I can easily control the light level.

I have no baseline for input lag, so I am hoping someone can help me here. Does anyone know the input lag of the PN50C7000? This is my current main set, so if I know this lag level I will be able to judge if the ST60 will be acceptable. I have searched far and wide for this and can not find the input lag of the PN50C7000. Also, on amazon the 65" VT is only 200$ more than the 65" ST, so that makes me lean towards the VT more. I love the samsung, but am upgrading for my man cave.

As a side note, I am an avid gamer (PC and console). I am not a twitch gamer, but if there is lag it will bother me. Eventually will have ps4 and xb1, probably a wii u, and my PC hooked up. I currently have a Yamaha RX-V675 hooked up to a full set of Klipsch Synergy F2 speakers (don't have the sub, will be next purchase) build my own PCs etc... so I am tech savvy and trying to be an audiophile smile.gif

(Also can an admin change my username, i registered a while ago and I hate it)

thanks in advance, if i need to post this somewhere else please let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-06-2013, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
FWIW, I went ahead and got a 60" VT60. It was on sale for 1749 during "cyber" week.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn50c7000 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page