samsung f8500 vs panasonic Vt60 pictures - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-29-2013, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I was wondering if there were pictures of the same movie from both sets, so we all could compare.. guys take some pics!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-29-2013, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergames View Post

I was wondering if there were pictures of the same movie from both sets, so we all could compare.. guys take some pics!!

I'm sure there are but you cannot compare from pictures. It's not the same as seeing them live in person. The odds will be some will take pictures with their crappy iphone cameras and others with a DSLR camera. Which one do you think will look better? Regardless how good the panel looks in person. But sure others can post, have fun. wink.gif

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #3 of 7 Old 11-30-2013, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
frown.gif
post #4 of 7 Old 12-02-2013, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

I'm sure there are but you cannot compare from pictures. It's not the same as seeing them live in person. The odds will be some will take pictures with their crappy iphone cameras and others with a DSLR camera. Which one do you think will look better? Regardless how good the panel looks in person. But sure others can post, have fun. wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergames View Post

frown.gif

Cmon! It would be soo helpful it someone could!
post #5 of 7 Old 12-02-2013, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 581
it would be helpful if they could be shown in the same picture side by side. I think one member did something like this with st60 vs zt60 maybe? I don't remember the exact models to be honest...

I snapped some pics when I got my f8500 compared to my old plasma because it was ridiculous the difference.

overexposed to really show the difference in blacks

just slightly overexposed

and with that much difference, I could probably still make them look equally good by adjusting the camera settings to suit each display. so you really do need some sort of control here, not to mention, the pic will only look as good as the display you view it on. trying to see the difference between a vt60 and f8500 on anything below them would be basically impossible.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
post #6 of 7 Old 03-09-2014, 03:09 PM

Liked: 67

As stated by David Mackenzie one of the Top Calibrators in the business @ The 2013 Value Electronics Shootout.

ANSI is not an accurate way to measure Contrast on Plasma's, because ABL (Automatic Brightness Limiter) Circuitry

kicks-in thus limiting Actual Light Output.

For example the Samsung F8500's light output goes from: ( Calibrated for Movie 40ft/L to 23ft/L ) When using the ANSI pattern.

Thus ANSI is not the best way to get a Real World Measurement of a Plasma sets true Contrast Ratio.

So my chart above which uses FULL ON/OFF CONTRAST is a useful chart, that shows what a sets Contrast Ratio is

fully capable of producing.

Sources: hdtvtest, soundandvision & 2013 Value Electronics Shootout

post #7 of 7 Old 03-09-2014, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanAVGuy View Post

As stated by David Mackenzie one of the Top Calibrators in the business @ The 2013 Value Electronics Shootout.
ANSI is not an accurate way to measure Contrast on Plasma's, because ABL (Automatic Brightness Limiter) Circuitry
kicks-in thus limiting Actual Light Output.

For example the Samsung F8500's light output goes from: ( Calibrated for Movie 40ft/L to 23ft/L ) When using the ANSI pattern.
Thus ANSI is not the best way to get a Real World Measurement of a Plasma sets true Contrast Ratio.

So my chart above which uses FULL ON/OFF CONTRAST is a useful chart, that shows what a sets Contrast Ratio is
fully capable of producing.

Sources: hdtvtest, soundandvision & 2013 Value Electronics Shootout
I think we have already been down this road. Who cares what brightness level a TV is fully capable of producing if it will never hit that level nor need to when watching actual content. If you think your way of measuring actually means anything then edge lit LEDs would be considered the best TV's today for contrast ratio's that alone should say enough right there about what your trying to prove here, which is absolutely nothing.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page