Samsung PN51F5300 – What a little gem! - i1Pro Calibration results inside - Page 35 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1021 of 1022 Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Personally, I don't always trust the photo method, because I've seen some PC/Laptop video cards create a very small and variable lag when cloning displays.

I used to keep a CRT for lag testing computer monitors and TV, and when I tested the lag on my laptop's LCD, the CRT would have more lag than the integrated screen, which does not make sense. But, if I made the CRT the primary monitor, the situation was reversed.

On my gaming tower, I did not have this problem, I guess it depend on the GPU, and some low end one can't clone without adding a small lag.

Anyway, I bought this device:

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index....roducts_id=212

and it has better than 1ms accuracy, and I don't get variable numbers anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1022 Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 413
I've done more regular viewing since Chad cal'd my 51F5300B last Friday night and I have to say, it just looks outstanding on a wide variety of content. Deep blacks, nice shadow detail, strong contrast, and very natural color. It does seem like there is minimal ABL at play as whites stay really bright. The motion is excellent with 24p and Cinema Smooth on Blu-ray. Another thing I like is there is no issue with image retention. This displayed really pleasantly exceeded my initial expectations. And I just want to tell you, the cal far exceeds out-of-box or self-adjusted settings.
Chad B likes this.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f5300 51 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread