Samsung pn51f5300 plasma motion blur - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-13-2013, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I just bought this new model about a week ago because I was told that plasmas have little to no motion blur. With this particular tv I can say that that is completely untrue. I actually had bought a Toshiba 39l1350u LED before this tv ad both the tvs are about equal in terms of motion blur. In fact I'd say the Toshiba is better as the blur looks the same while the color seemed brighter and it was $250 cheaper. I use my tv for alot of gaming so motion blur REALLY bugs me a lot especially in games where the camera moves around spontaneously or by myself directly moving it which is basically every game out there.. I took into consideration that it may just be the source but both my xbox 360 and my PS3/Blu-ray player both suffer from the same blur so i'm pretty sure it's the tv itself. I really just have two questions. 1. Is there a really good hdtv that handles motion blur the best that would come in around $1000? 2. Does really good calibration help with motion blur because I didn't have a pro come or anything like that but I turned off every setting that would most likely affect blur and judder. Any suggestions on better tvs or settings adjustments would be welcome. thx in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-13-2013, 03:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I've noticed some LCD LEDs that looked close too plasma with motion.Lots of false information around saying plasma has no blur.I'm not familiar with video games but for regular tv blur is not too bad here.helps if you sit further back.my tv helps if I turn up sharpness too 30-50 but it's a 1024 768 tv.

1- not sure but rtings site ranks tvs on there motion performance.All lower budget tvs blur motion some.
2- calibration can help a little bit but not much.All you can do is make sure it's setup right,turn off all the extra settings like noise filter dynamic contrast etc .For Cable box use native setting and allow 1080i 720p 480p
post #3 of 5 Old 12-13-2013, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

I've heard that the Panasonic p50st60 handles motion a lot better but introduces a lot of input lag. If anyone could confirm this or enlighten me on the subject it would be appreciated

post #4 of 5 Old 12-14-2013, 03:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I'm not familiar wTh that tv but The Samsung here I don't see the green trails like I did on a cheap lg I had.ive seen it if I'm sitting close too tv and a black object moves on a white background but rarely ever see it ,although I sit 15+ ft back from tv sometimes.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-14-2013, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

After extensive research and testing I've found that it actually isn't the tv that's causing the blur. It actually is the frames per second of the games i'm playing. After I read that games with only 30 fps will almost always have some amount of blur even on high end tvs while games at 60 fps will look mostly smooth I looked up a list telling which games are actually 60 fps. The two games that I did have to test the 60 fps were Rage and Ninja Gaiden 2 and those games really did look amazing even while the screen was going crazy with action. I'm glad I found out that my tv actually really does have good picture when the games have the specs to match up with it. Now i'm just upset that so little games actually do run at 60 fps while the majority only run at 30. It atleast is better than having a faulty set and now I could look forward to games that have 60 fps and knowing that with these in combination with my tv i'll have a great looking picture. Knowing what I know now i'd definitely recommend this tv for people on a budget as it comes in at around $650 bucks. Now if only game devs could hop on the 60 fps train...btw thx for trying to help Vic I appreciate it

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f5300 51 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page