Costco/Squaretrade Extended TV Warranty -- now Costco purchases only? - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 68 Old 03-27-2014, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICLI View Post

Just noticed that Costco has lowered the 3yr ST warranty for TV's over $1000 to $89.99 from $99.99 online. Is it still worth it?

It was worth it at $99, and it's an even better deal at $89.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 68 Old 03-27-2014, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabatta View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICLI View Post

Just noticed that Costco has lowered the 3yr ST warranty for TV's over $1000 to $89.99 from $99.99 online. Is it still worth it?

It was worth it at $99, and it's an even better deal at $89.

Just contact square trade and make sure that it's the same coverage.

IMO you should contact ST anyway given how badly costco F'd it up when I purchased it.  ST fixed it all.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Unless, of course, it's to keep someone from creating a phone video in portrait mode, in which case it's a pretty good first step. Portrait mooks: KNOCK IT OFF.
post #63 of 68 Old 04-14-2014, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 61
can I buy this warranty and use it fora projector??? since $100 for a $3k projector would be perfect biggrin.gif
post #64 of 68 Old 04-14-2014, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post

can I buy this warranty and use it fora projector??? since $100 for a $3k projector would be perfect biggrin.gif

They do not offer coverage for projector's based on my discussion with a rep. Nice try, but warranty companies aren't stupid, if they don't make money they won't be in business. A new bulb depending on the projector could put them upside down quickly.

Panasonic 60VT60 (cal by DNice)
Denon 5200 w/ Outlaw 2200 Amps (3)
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s F/R & Horizon w/ RAAL Center; Sierra 1s Surrounds; DefTech PM1000 Fronts, Ascend HTM-200s Top Middle and PSB S5 Rear Surrounds; Dual SVS subs
Oppo 103; Onkyo HD-DVD; Apple TV & Roku Stick
Atmos arrived on 9/30/2014
post #65 of 68 Old 04-14-2014, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

They do not offer coverage for projector's based on my discussion with a rep. Nice try, but warranty companies aren't stupid, if they aren't making money they aren't in business. A new bulb depending on the projector could put them upside down quickly.

who? squaretrade? they most certainly do have one for a projector... they sell them on amazon all the time. I called in for a quote this morning... a 4 year for a $2500-$3000 projector is $268... they just stipulate that they don't cover bulbs...they did the same for rear projection tvs

I was just wondering if they counted it as a "tv" since I never asked... since costco's price would have been killer compared to $268
post #66 of 68 Old 04-14-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 517
^
Call and ask for yourself instead of telling me what Amazon sells for a warranty for projectors sold via their website, just repeating what I was told, maybe you will get a different answer. Costco is selling coverage for a television only.

Panasonic 60VT60 (cal by DNice)
Denon 5200 w/ Outlaw 2200 Amps (3)
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s F/R & Horizon w/ RAAL Center; Sierra 1s Surrounds; DefTech PM1000 Fronts, Ascend HTM-200s Top Middle and PSB S5 Rear Surrounds; Dual SVS subs
Oppo 103; Onkyo HD-DVD; Apple TV & Roku Stick
Atmos arrived on 9/30/2014
post #67 of 68 Old 04-14-2014, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

^
Call and ask for yourself instead of telling me what Amazon sells for a warranty for projectors sold via their website, just repeating what I was told, maybe you will get a different answer. Costco is selling coverage for a television only.

ummm, I DID call squaretrade about them carrying a warranty for projectors, you said that what you knew they wouldn't carry them, and elaborated how the cost of bulbs would kill... I was explaining that yes they do, they've had the same policy back when Projection Tv's were in style as well, coverage was for the unit itself, bulbs were disposable items and not covered..... I just asked if anyone else had experience with the costco version... being that lots of people buy them, I was just asking if anyone had any idea.
post #68 of 68 Old 05-06-2014, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys... pretty new here but have been educating myself through this forum before purchasing my home theater system.

Question: Can I have two overlapping extended warranties? and if lets say my LCD TV breaks and is unreplaceable, can I get a refund/payout from both warranty companies?

I have this odd warranty from walmart called "NEW by Asurion" and would like to purchase the SquareTrade on top of that. Thanks in advance guys.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P60vt60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page