TH-42PZ80U - Worth the upgrade to a TC-P50S60 or TC-P50ST60 or Samsung? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-29-2013, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My older PZ works fine, no issues or complaints, just a bit small. Been thinking of upgrading to a S60 or ST60. All the talk of the input lag on the ST has me a little concerned as I mostly game on it, and watch movies. I don't care at all for the "smart" features but seems all the newer models are "smart". Or maybe a Samsung? What do you knowledgeable folks think, worth the upgrade?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-29-2013, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Yes, definitely worth it. We owned a PZ85U and then subsequently owned the ST50 and S60 and both are far better and can be far more finely adjusted.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-29-2013, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was in the same boat as you recently and I decided on an 55 S60. The smart features were useless to me, anti glare would be helpful but unnecessary in my basement, and like you I'd be using the panel mostly for gaming with occasional movies. I watched a few movies last night and the PQ was fantastic especially for the price (55'' for less than $1K). I'll be picking up a PS4 once the exclusive games start coming out, but I can't comment on the input lag other than the tests from around the web at 34.1ms on the S60 vs. 73ms on the ST60. There's a few videos on YouTube claiming no real issue with gaming on the ST60, but this is always subjective to the player. For me, I'd rather save the $ and stick with the S60 + calibrate after 100 hours -- have no worries with gaming and still get awesome PQ. Good luck.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Th 42pz800u 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page