Panasonic Viera TC-P50ST50 Digital Audio Out - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-04-2014, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I wonder why when I plug a pair of  JBL WR2.4 Wireless Headphones into the Toslink output of a Panasonic Viera TC-P50ST50 via a D/A converter box, that the volume on headphones varies with the speaker volume on the TV? When I thought the Digital Output (Toslink) is supposed to be a fixed output level?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2014, 08:14 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido76 View Post

I wonder why when I plug a pair of  JBL WR2.4 Wireless Headphones into the Toslink output of a Panasonic Viera TC-P50ST50 via a D/A converter box, that the volume on headphones varies with the speaker volume on the TV? When I thought the Digital Output (Toslink) is supposed to be a fixed output level?

Optical is indeed supposed to be a fixed output level (it is on all my Panny TVs), at least on the North American models. Are you in another country?

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Old 01-05-2014, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Nah, I'm in Texas.

I ask because I had some TV Ears that went out, I'm not hearing impaired just can't seem to make out dialogue too well with the Panasonic speakers, anyway got the JBL headphones and they weren't really loud enough, and you had to turn the volume up high on TV to get anything audible at all. I think the TV Ears have circuitry to level out whatever signal is going in to the transmitter base, to be able to listen independently of the speakers on TV, even with TV all the way down, but I couldn't understand why the JBL's would vary with volume like that.

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P50st50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread - P50st50 by PriceGrabber.com