HDMI Receptacle? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 01-04-2014, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17

Just got a 60ZT60 and will be wall mounting it.  I want to have no wires showing, so I'm going to run power to behind the ZT60, however I'm not sure what to do about the HDMI cable/cables.  Does anyone make an HDMI receptacle that I will allow me to run the wires in the wall or do I have to run HDMI cables directly from equipment to ZT60?  If I have to direct connect, can I put those in the wall?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-04-2014, 02:35 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 477
There are lots of different HDMI wall plates available in various combinations and configurations (1 or 2 HDMI, or HDMI and Eithernet, or HDMI and RF, HDMI and Component, etc).

Search Google Images for "HDMI Wallplate", and poke around Amazon, Monoprice, EBay, and even Home Depot and Lowes websites and see what's out there.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #3 of 9 Old 01-04-2014, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 163
I bought mine at Monoprice, very good quality and excellent price. Work perfect.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360 HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #4 of 9 Old 01-04-2014, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 227
To keep the connection count down you can also use a plate like one of these: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_14?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=av+wall+plate&sprefix=a%2Fv+wall+plate%2Caps%2C225&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aav+wall+plate

(Just as big an idea thief as)

post #5 of 9 Old 01-05-2014, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

I think I must be looking for a wall plate, with mulitple female HDMI ports to put behind the TV and down lower on the wall.  Question is, what goes in between?  Does an HDMI cable simply plug into the back of the wall plate, from port to port?

post #6 of 9 Old 01-05-2014, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekarita View Post

I think I must be looking for a wall plate, with mulitple female HDMI ports to put behind the TV and down lower on the wall.  Question is, what goes in between?  Does an HDMI cable simply plug into the back of the wall plate, from port to port?
Yes. Adding 4 more connections per HDMI run.

(Just as big an idea thief as)

post #7 of 9 Old 01-05-2014, 09:19 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekarita View Post

Just got a 60ZT60 and will be wall mounting it.  I want to have no wires showing, so I'm going to run power to behind the ZT60, however I'm not sure what to do about the HDMI cable/cables.  Does anyone make an HDMI receptacle that I will allow me to run the wires in the wall or do I have to run HDMI cables directly from equipment to ZT60?  If I have to direct connect, can I put those in the wall? ....... I think I must be looking for a wall plate, with mulitple female HDMI ports to put behind the TV and down lower on the wall. Question is, what goes in between? Does an HDMI cable simply plug into the back of the wall plate, from port to port?

What exactly are you doing with that wall and wiring? How are you getting the wiring and power cables inside the wall? Are you opening up the drywall and exposing the bare wall studs? Are you just running the wires down to the components directly below the TV? Or running them to an equipment closet nearby or in another room etc? That will help folks direct you to specific products that will work best for your particular install. There are a LOT of different ways to do this stuff.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

Gallery -
post #8 of 9 Old 01-05-2014, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

What exactly are you doing with that wall and wiring? How are you getting the wiring and power cables inside the wall? Are you opening up the drywall and exposing the bare wall studs? Are you just running the wires down to the components directly below the TV? Or running them to an equipment closet nearby or in another room etc? That will help folks direct you to specific products that will work best for your particular install. There are a LOT of different ways to do this stuff.

Regular construction wall between 2 rooms.  The plan is to simply install retrofit boxes where I need them.  There's power directly below where the TV will be mounted.  Equipment will likely be directly below the wall mounted TV or close to it.  I don't want to see any wires below the TV, running to the equipment, so I'd like to have all cables in the wall.  I may also add a blank receptacle for future cable runs, like ether net.  I don't remember who makes them, but there are some nice wall plates that allow you to just pop in different kinds of connectors, as needed.

post #9 of 9 Old 01-06-2014, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 25
The Legrand/Wiremold CMK70 Power Cable kit might satisfy your needs. Good quality and very easy to install. The power cable itself is Romex, so it's code-compliant. Make sure that the HDMI cables you use are rated for in-wall use (CL2).

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Wiremold-Legrand-Flat-Screen-TV-Cord-and-Cable-Power-Kit-White-CMK70/203227289?cm_mmc=SEM|THD|G|VF|D27E|Electrical|ModelNumbers&skwcid=AL!3360!3!20814786397!e!!g!!wiremold%20cmk70&ef_id=UsiihwAABFECvluI:20140106161203:s#
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page