Originally Posted by VidPro
Well I can't be sure if it worked because I thought 12 was the value for RSTP. I put everything back to what I wrote down as my defaults before the reset last night. I lowered RSTP to 1 and other than black rain (which is what I got the very first reset) there were no visible issues. On close inspection I had to raise SUS back up from 128 to near 150 to eliminate magenta misfires on white.
Yeah, I set mine to the defaults listed in the service manual.
Do this (if you'd like):
1. Set voltages to the below values (I'm pretty sure you have a 101FD or KRP500M, as these values are for those displays).
2. Reset your display with these commands in this order.
3. Turn off KURO and unplug for 5 minutes.
4. Plug back in and turn on KURO.
5. See if you have any artifacts but don't adjust anything.
6. Set RSTP to 2 to reduce black level.
7. If any artifacts, try removing them by adjusting the separation between 3 and 4. Once you find a sweet spot where artifacts are reduced, adjust S1, S2 and S3 up and down (all at the same time and amount) to see which direction provides an improvement. Find a sweet spot but dont got below factory minimum.
8. If any remaining artifacts reduce VOL OFFSET to factory minimum.
9. If any remaining artifacts, increase SUS.