Pioneer 8G 9G Kuro Reset Guide - Page 53 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1561 of 1564 Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Also, is it important to not touch the service menu settings after reset? I mean, I've tweaked the settings often trying to fix all the various picture quality issues and I don't know if this is advisable?

I could certainly just do a reset one more time, following the correct procedure and then just leaving all the settings as they are?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1562 of 1564 Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 19
You could, but if you don't know your original values you're kind of screwed, you will never find the right rstp again, no matter what you do.
There's no point adjusting anything after a reset when almost everything disappears by itself as the set settles down, and better not touch anything than do something we don't understand.

What I would do in your case, find the original values of someone using the same set as you, and having the same rstp default card value as yours (18?), and your original voltages will be the same, they are always the card's default, minus rstp which is panel specific. Same goes for the ABL settings, they will be somewhere around 128.
If you didn't touch your RGB settings, they didn't change so you can write them down.
For RSTP I'd let it to it's default value if there's no chance to know the right value.

Last edited by lnarbi; Yesterday at 11:29 PM.
post #1563 of 1564 Unread Today, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 19
This is the result of a calibrated LX5090H (by myself) with an i1 display pro, with the colorchecker workflow on calman 5 (and lightspace CMS to display the patterns) :

This is around the 500hrs mark, display reset like I posted a bit earlier, with around 15k hours total now.
I find this workflow more representative to what we actually see on the screen while watching content.

Grayscale calibration only and CMS yellow 1 step to the right.
Note for those who calibrate with calman 4, change the deltaE 76 to deltaE UV and focus on the 10% gray if your meter is not completely off at it

PS : dE is the highest on whites because I used >10% windows, so ABL kicked in, so normal behavior.
post #1564 of 1564 Unread Today, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
You should be close to 0 Blacks at this point , let us know .
Pretty much. Everything is looking outstanding now. There is ever the lightest glow and I mean slight and wating for eyes to adjust to see it. Black rain effect is only noticable on a black screen that I pause for minutes and no evidence during normal viewing.

I'd really like to calibrate the panel now just to get it all in tip top shape.

The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro 1150hd 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 1150hd by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page