Not One Single Plasma At CES :( - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 155 Old 02-09-2014, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 529
LG plasma are really not to good, hey maybe 21014 is LG's year for the dominate plasma. We will see.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 155 Old 02-10-2014, 01:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Great to see Samsung is still in the game. I'm either looking into getting a top of the line 2014 1080p LED with Back Light scanning which reduces motion blur or hopefully getting a top of the line sammy.plasma that can do 35ms or less of input lag when gaming. The 8500 would of been a great choice, but the 53ms of lag just doesn't cut it.
post #153 of 155 Old 02-10-2014, 02:26 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

LG plasma are really not to good, hey maybe 2014 is LG's year for the dominate plasma. We will see.........

I suspect they are revising their models this year. I think 2015 is when they will really shine though.

post #154 of 155 Old 02-10-2014, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

LG plasma are really not to good, hey maybe 21014 is LG's year for the dominate plasma. We will see.........
Wouldn't most LCDs be better than an LG plasma--LOL!
post #155 of 155 Old 02-10-2014, 12:25 PM
KOF
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveBoy View Post

Great to see Samsung is still in the game. I'm either looking into getting a top of the line 2014 1080p LED with Back Light scanning which reduces motion blur or hopefully getting a top of the line sammy.plasma that can do 35ms or less of input lag when gaming. The 8500 would of been a great choice, but the 53ms of lag just doesn't cut it.

Since we both have the S60 already, my alternatives are as follows.

1. The H7000 with downgraded smart TV should hopefully be hitting upper 30ms in input lag when all the optimization is done on the firmware front. If Samsung wants to continue supporting plasmas for a few more years, a further stepped down version called "I5000" in 2015 would be enough to bring the input lag down considerably...this is a big if though. But seeing as LG keeps supporting a tech that does not receive R&D anymore, a followup model to the H7000 may not be surprising. Either way, I will tide it over with my S60.

2. The Samsung F4500, which seem to be getting a name "Best TV for Nintendo games". Not really familiar with this model as I did not see this model in a light controlled room, but over at the owner's thread, people are saying it's not too behind from LCDs. I know this model already has good blacks,great motion performance, and input lag, so if this model can also control ABL in a manner that makes Nintendo games very playable, I think I'm going to buy this one too. It has the same anamorphic 1024x768 resolution as our LG PT350, so it puts a lot of restrictions on a lot of games, but pre-Wii U Nintendo games benefits more from less aggressive ABL than resolution increase so it's going to be a good tradeoff.

3. LCDs...I will have to be a lot more stringent since I'll have to take a big hit in PQ. I'll need to have Dolby Vision combined with Sony's Motionflow Impulse AND UltraD, otherwise, there's no point.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page