Wall Mounting A Panny ZT... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-14-2014, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17

60ZT wall mounting question.  There are internal nuts behind 4 recesses on the back of the set, that attach to the wall mount frame.  Should the frame be contacting the back surface of the set or should I space the frame out, beyond the recessed amount?  Hope I'm explaining this OK.  If you have a ZT, you'll know what I'm talking about.  The mounting nuts are internal and the recess just surrounds the nut.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-14-2014, 07:41 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekarita View Post

60ZT wall mounting question.  There are internal nuts behind 4 recesses on the back of the set, that attach to the wall mount frame.  Should the frame be contacting the back surface of the set or should I space the frame out, beyond the recessed amount?  Hope I'm explaining this OK.  If you have a ZT, you'll know what I'm talking about.  The mounting nuts are internal and the recess just surrounds the nut.

Just lay the uprights flat up against the surface of the TV's rear cover, this method is more solid and secure than leaving a gap between the upright and rear cover. It's also less stress on those four threaded inserts since the upright is clamped up against the rear cover and has full contact area. There is no need to fill that recessed area surrounding the threaded insert with a spacer or space the uprights away from the rear cover using spacers. Make sure the screws you use are within the correct length range as stated in the manual. You don't have to crank those screws down tightly - just snug them firmly which clamps the uprights against the rear cover.

Oh and if it's anything like my ST60, connect the Power Cord to the TV BEFORE hanging the TV on the wall bracket - on mine the bracket blocked access to the connector and i had to pull it back off the wall to connect the power cord.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P60st60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page