Temporary hot / stuck pixel. Panasonic ST60 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-15-2014, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Last night I noticed one stuck pixel, pink color - but only on light/white background, e.g. the white part of the screen wipe, or gray conditioning slides that I ran for 100 hours when I first got the TV. From what I read and found when searching the forum, dead or stuck pixels are pretty rare these days, so I was a bit disappointed my 2 week old Panasonic 55" ST60 (bought from sears.com) already had developed such a problem. So I ran the conditioning slides over night, and woke up this morning to find that the problem was completely gone.

Except this one temporary pixel problem, I am very happy with the PQ. I just hope that this pixel is not about to die or get stuck permanently. In an otherwise great display, one dead pixel would tend to annoy me, unfortunately.

Any advice from plasma experts? This is my first plasma, so I beg forgiveness for my inexperience in this area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-15-2014, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
I had a Kuro with a dead subpixel from the get-go (it was the only one out of the 3 that I owned). The ZT60 I now own developed a similar phenomenon as yours did but at 3 months in. In the 7th month of ownership, it still hasn't cleared. Hard to say what percentage still get it. Only the most particular among us (most of this forum) would even notice it.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-15-2014, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, the dead pixel is back, so it's likely permanent. Now I have to decide if I should (i) hope for Panasonic's help (unlikely), (ii) return the TV (have to decide soon, 30 days since I made the order is in a week, and the TV is no longer available for delivery or pickup from my local sears, and finding replacements at that price is getting very hard), or (iii) force myself to ignore the problem. It's not very visible, unless I look for it, so I guess that's what I will end up doing. I am sad though, that the near perfect panel is scarred by this one flaw ...

EDIT: as you write, it's really a subpixel flaw and not a pixel flaw. Since it's purple, that means it's red + blue, due to the green subpixel being dead.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-28-2014, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

To conclude this thread : I decided to keep my Panasonic with the one sub-pixel problem. It's only visible on very bright static images (or green, which is even rarer), e.g. slides or computer usage if I desperately search for it. It's located in the upper left barely within the 2.35:1 aspect ratio window. If Sears had been able to offer a replacement, there's no guarantee it would not have worse flaws, and Sears also gave me a 10% discount gift card when I called to inquire about an exchange.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 93
If you want to perform a tweak to fix this, often going into the service menu and setting VSUS to HIGH from the normal LOW will remove any intermittently dead pixels. It can't fix permanently dead pixels, but will often fix intermittent ones.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-29-2014, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I tried it briefly and it made no difference. I will try with the pixel flipper overnight, but I think the sub-pixel has died permanently. I was probably even mistaken when I thought it had disappeared - checked too quickly early morning before my first coffee smile.gif
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page