The ZT60 microfracture case log and discussion - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 76 Old 05-06-2014, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Guess at this point the F8500 is not looking to bad. So what did you end up with??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post

The repair company that fixed my set told me that for an authorized servicer dispatched by Panasonic, Panasonic was responsible for any damage done by them (not sure if Panasonic and the servicer's insurance companies work things out in the back end). Hence why Panasonic cut me my check for my microfractured ZT, not the repair company. Now, the service guy swears that the back panel was not installed incorrectly but the set was taken away before I was able to check the back panel myself. So it is possible that my microfractures were not caused by the techs who performed the fan fix/board swap which could be why Panasonic issued the refund. It took me almost 3 months to get the whole deal sorted out too. Just keep following up in a polite fashion (call the service company, not Panasonic - they are uselss) and you'll get your refund. I still can't believe that Panasonic did not have a SINGLE replacement panel available for these sets. I thought it was law that spare parts need to be stocked for 7 years or something like that. Until about a year or so ago, we were still seeing reports of customers getting their Pioneer Kuros replaced/repaired with new-in-box models from factory repair/replacement stock. I know the company was leaving the plasma business but this is just lousy for the consumer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 76 Old 05-07-2014, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I got the last 65" display model from my local BB/Magnolia. 6 weeks before even getting the check from Panasonic I ordered another 65" ZT from Magnolia (and paid for it in full) to ensure that I would get one before they all sold out. The night before my scheduled delivery the BB warehouse calls me to say that there was an issue - they didn't have any more 65" ZTs. So basically, BB sold my set out from under me, even though they had my money for nearly 2 months. worst part was, by this time, there were no more new sets anywhere else for a reasonalble price, let alone the $3000 that I had been refunded by Panny as a replacement cost (based upon my pending order with BB). I even called a day before to verify that they still had stock and that I'd be getting my set.

Luckily, my local BB still had their display model. It was in good shape despite the 3500 hours (and no box, manuals, remotes, or 3D glasses - no box really sucked how else do you ever move one of these things?) and they gave me a good price due to my scenario. Best part was I didn't need to run slides for weeks to break it in. I got to calibrate it right away. Fans are a touch loud (it was a May build), but I'm not touching this one considering how fragile these things are.

Nothing wrong with an F8500. With everything I went through with Panasonic, I was really tempted to go the Samsung route. I still might pick up a 60" for my family room if I can find a really good deal on one.
post #63 of 76 Old 05-07-2014, 06:11 PM

Liked: 99
Quote:

I got the last 65" display model from my local BB/Magnolia. 6 weeks before even getting the check from Panasonic I ordered another 65" ZT from Magnolia (and paid for it in full) to ensure that I would get one before they all sold out. The night before my scheduled delivery the BB warehouse calls me to say that there was an issue - they didn't have any more 65" ZTs. So basically, BB sold my set out from under me, even though they had my money for nearly 2 months. worst part was, by this time, there were no more new sets anywhere else for a reasonalble price, let alone the $3000 that I had been refunded by Panny as a replacement cost (based upon my pending order with BB). I even called a day before to verify that they still had stock and that I'd be getting my set.

Luckily, my local BB still had their display model. It was in good shape despite the 3500 hours (and no box, manuals, remotes, or 3D glasses - no box really sucked how else do you ever move one of these things?) and they gave me a good price due to my scenario. Best part was I didn't need to run slides for weeks to break it in. I got to calibrate it right away. Fans are a touch loud (it was a May build), but I'm not touching this one considering how fragile these things are.

Nothing wrong with an F8500. With everything I went through with Panasonic, I was really tempted to go the Samsung route. I still might pick up a 60" for my family room if I can find a really good deal on one.

Damn and with my luck I have chosen not to touch this set. Letting it be. If it gets worse ill deal then. But this TV is to nice to risk breaking. And I saw vinnies post and the guys couldn't even get the last screw in so no thanks.
post #64 of 76 Old 05-11-2014, 11:14 AM

Liked: 17
So with my 5 month ordeal with my microfractures on my 65zt60, After 3 months of trying to decide what to do, Panasonic decides that I need to contact the servicer who did the warranty work, he came out saw the back not installed correctly and the cracks across from the back and said first tv I've broke in 14 years. Says management needs to deal with it. Sharper service solutions in Portland Or service manager calls and says its been 4 months since the service, case closed. I tried to explain that I was working with Panasonic for 4 months, he said after 30 days case closed. So I contact Panasonic again, they tell me to contact the service manager again because he wants to know why it took 4 months for me to contact them. I laughed and said ok. I called sharper service solutions again and the service manager wouldn't even take my call. What a COWARD! So now I have a 65ZT60 still under warranty that was broken under a warranty service and because I didn't notice the damage within 30 days I am screwed. The tv is in working order and only on light screens can I even see the microfractures, but what happens if I have to move it, will the screen crack all the way down? Now what is my resale value if I want to sell it.I am pretty sure Panasonic will not get any of my dollars in the future but what do they care. They have worn me down.
post #65 of 76 Old 05-11-2014, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
That's horrible, man. All you could do next is sue everyone involved in small claims court, but that will add another mountain of stress and significantly reduce your refund due to legal costs, I'd imagine. You'd need a good game plan.
post #66 of 76 Old 05-11-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman69 View Post

So with my 5 month ordeal with my microfractures on my 65zt60, After 3 months of trying to decide what to do, Panasonic decides that I need to contact the servicer who did the warranty work, he came out saw the back not installed correctly and the cracks across from the back and said first tv I've broke in 14 years. Says management needs to deal with it. Sharper service solutions in Portland Or service manager calls and says its been 4 months since the service, case closed. I tried to explain that I was working with Panasonic for 4 months, he said after 30 days case closed. So I contact Panasonic again, they tell me to contact the service manager again because he wants to know why it took 4 months for me to contact them. I laughed and said ok. I called sharper service solutions again and the service manager wouldn't even take my call. What a COWARD! So now I have a 65ZT60 still under warranty that was broken under a warranty service and because I didn't notice the damage within 30 days I am screwed. The tv is in working order and only on light screens can I even see the microfractures, but what happens if I have to move it, will the screen crack all the way down? Now what is my resale value if I want to sell it.I am pretty sure Panasonic will not get any of my dollars in the future but what do they care. They have worn me down.
That is f'd up. Panasonic knows there is an issue with these repairs. Where do they state that microfractures only happen withing 30 days of a bad repair. If it is after 30 days are they going to claim a bad back panel replacement is no longer the cause.

If I had a ZT60, no way would I have anyone repairing it for a fan fix due to Panasonic's lack of giving a crap and taking any sort of responsibility for it, even after issuing a bulletin about the issue and damage it will cause.

So frustrating to hear cases like this! I would call them every single day and harass the crap out of them until they issue you a refund. No way should they be aloud to get away with this. I would email every Panasonic Exec or corporate email address you can find. I would ask to speak the highest person possible. I would not waste anytime speaking to a regular customer service rep.
post #67 of 76 Old 05-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:

Garman69, maybe it was their intent to wear you down. Not surprised the service company isn't taking responsibility for the damage to your ZT. They've left you with no recourse but to sue the repair firm and Panasonic in Small Claim Court. Shouldn't cost very much, just the cost to file the suit. And the Statute of Limitations for a negligent repair in your state probably runs a lot longer than the 30 days that the Service Manager tried to blow you off with. A judge would likely hear your case. You have an excellent chance of success. Suggest you request the repair firm put in writing the reason the are not responsible for the damage to your TV. Send them a copy of Panasonic's updated repair bulletin dealing with reinstalling the back on the TV and ask them how you're responsible for the damage to your TV.

Don't let them get away with this. It's not your fault. They need to step up and take responsibility. Unfortunately, you'll have to pressure them to do so. But at this point, you have nothing to lose.
rcapprotti and andrewread like this.
post #68 of 76 Old 05-28-2014, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
My set didn't exhibit the cracks for almost 3 months after the set was "repaired." I'm surprised I didn't get this same line of BS about the 30 day window from the repair time.
post #69 of 76 Old 05-28-2014, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

How aggressive have you gotten with Panasonic? Have you blasted them on Twitter or Facebook yet? What about contacting executive team on LinkedIn etc?

I've had to do this before with vendors, and your issue can get resolved very easily when the right people see it.
eaayoung likes this.
post #70 of 76 Old 05-28-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:

My set didn't exhibit the cracks for almost 3 months after the set was "repaired." I'm surprised I didn't get this same line of BS about the 30 day window from the repair time.
You and Garman have me on pins and needles. I'm at less than a month from repair! However, I don't have bezel bumps so I should be okay.
post #71 of 76 Old 05-29-2014, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 59
That's the price people will pay when companies want to make their products/tv as thin as they possibly can. In my opinion a tv you are going to hang on the wall or put on the stand A foot away from your wall Where you're not looking at the side of the tv anyway doesn't need to be paper thin oh well that's just my opinion
post #72 of 76 Old 06-01-2014, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

You and Garman have me on pins and needles. I'm at less than a month from repair! However, I don't have bezel bumps so I should be okay.

Hate to keep asking, but what is your impression now of the fan noise level? Do you think the result was worth the ensuing "pins and needles"?
post #73 of 76 Old 06-01-2014, 12:53 PM

The answer is and will remain (assuming no cracks develop) yes, even with the addition of a tiny scratch at the very top of the screen (I was unable to put a sheet down on the carpet in time, that's a pox on me for not planning in advance...he was also by himself and needed my assistance with lifting, which wasn't easy for me given the tendinitis and trigger finger issues I'm having). On another note, my manuf. warranty expires in 4 days.eek.gif
post #74 of 76 Old 06-01-2014, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

The answer is and will remain (assuming no cracks develop) yes, even with the addition of a tiny scratch at the very top of the screen (I was unable to put a sheet down on the carpet in time, that's a pox on me for not planning in advance...he was also by himself and needed my assistance with lifting, which wasn't easy for me given the tendinitis and trigger finger issues I'm having). On another note, my manuf. warranty expires in 4 days.eek.gif

OK. This is encouraging. We'll be in Houston in a couple of months and I'll think about scheduling the fan fix then... Thanks Vinnie. I hope your TV never ever needs any repairs, now or beyond your warranty period.
post #75 of 76 Old 06-01-2014, 01:25 PM

Thanks...the ext. warranty will give me another 3. If I can ever afford one of those 77" OLEDs in that intervening time period, the next owner will be able to take advantage of it if need be.

It assuredly goes without saying, but just try to find a technician with a lot of experience and make a point to highlight the fragility susceptibility when he arrives by way of the service bulletin if necessary. As you can tell, that seems to be the determining factor in at least four of the cases above.
post #76 of 76 Old 06-02-2014, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Man, we really have lost you to OLED!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread