Samsung 2014 PN64H5000 thread - Page 28 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 191Likes

post #811 of 1766 Old 01-16-2015, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
Enter and select the DTS TruDialog option.

I turned on the DTS TruSurround option as well. These are only available when the "Standard" sound mode is selected. I would say nice improvement having them on. I am actually impressed with the sound of this set (I too have the 605300B) when these options are on.

Is it more fun to use the equipment or talk about it on AVS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1766 Old 01-17-2015, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Andy other new owners care to chime in on their thoughts so far?

I watched 2001 last night and it was great. The blu Ray transfer is solid and this TV did it plenty good. Space looked terrific. Still a great flick, even if it is of its time so to speak.

I do have to admit though that today we had a bright, sunny day here and I purposely cranked all of the blinds totally open and really made sure the house had sunlight pouring into it. Definitely plenty of reflections and such under these conditons. Much more so than a higher end plasma or any LCD. But, I still maintain that watching TV seriously in these conditions is rather questionable and of dubious value. Once I lowered the blinds about halfway and calmed down the sunlight, it was just fine.

So again, unless you are really trying to grow plants or get a suntan, this set does fine in daylight. But, if you have every window open on a sunny say it will wash out quite a bit. Hardly a big deal IMO but wanted to mention for those that do a lot of viewing in super bright rooms.

Samsung PN64H5000
LG BP 540
Sony DH550 AVR
Polk Tsi, RSi, Bookshelves & PSW sub-woofer
post #813 of 1766 Old 01-17-2015, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 15
S2mikey, I feel sad, it has been on the floor over in the corner running slides the last couple of days. I promise I will get it up soon. I have some extra hands coming tomorrow to pickup up some old furniture and I hope to tap them to get the old 32 CRT out of the bedroom and the 50 off the stand and back to the bedroom where the 32 was, then get the 5000 up on the stand where the 50 was, so keep your fingers crossed that everything works out. The misses is a small little thing and she is not much help when it comes to heavy awkward lifting.

Cheers

post #814 of 1766 Old 01-17-2015, 05:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Andy other new owners care to chime in on their thoughts so far?

I watched 2001 last night and it was great. The blu Ray transfer is solid and this TV did it plenty good. Space looked terrific. Still a great flick, even if it is of its time so to speak.

I do have to admit though that today we had a bright, sunny day here and I purposely cranked all of the blinds totally open and really made sure the house had sunlight pouring into it. Definitely plenty of reflections and such under these conditons. Much more so than a higher end plasma or any LCD. But, I still maintain that watching TV seriously in these conditions is rather questionable and of dubious value. Once I lowered the blinds about halfway and calmed down the sunlight, it was just fine.

So again, unless you are really trying to grow plants or get a suntan, this set does fine in daylight. But, if you have every window open on a sunny say it will wash out quite a bit. Hardly a big deal IMO but wanted to mention for those that do a lot of viewing in super bright rooms.
Just about any TV, including the best plasmas with the best AR filters, are gonna look like crap in that scenario though. No way around it. Most people forget about that.
post #815 of 1766 Old 01-17-2015, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I threw my hat into the ring on one of these a week ago, delivery is set for this Thursday (1/22). I'll be replacing my Panasonic 42" (2006 model, TH42PX600U) which has served me faithfully for nearly 8 years now. To be honest 64" is a bit big for my room but at this point there just aren't that many options (still kicking myself for not grabbing a Panasonic last year ). Haven't seen one of these in the store so it's a bit of a gamble. I have seen the 60" F5300 version at BB, and as usual it looks like crap next to the ultrabright LCD's when you're standing right next to it, but back up a few feet and the difference in picture quality makes you wonder why anybody would buy an lcd. If this thing can even come close to the picture quality of my Panasonic I'll consider it money well spent.
post #816 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 12:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 382
I got a copy of the Disney WOW disc and looped some of the demo material all day. Just in case anyone is wondering, you can't do this unattended because 6 of the scenes are letterboxed. Fortunately they are all in a row so you can just hit skip 6 times when they come around. I suppose one could use a zoom mode as well, but I didn't mess with it.

This material is in 24p, so in the Picture Options menu I enabled Cinema Smooth which, according to my research, makes the panel refresh at 96hz and therefore display 24fps video without needing to perform any pulldown. I tested it on/off on some panning scenes and it does indeed reduce judder. But there was something else I noticed first.

It makes the TV really quiet. Normally when muted you will hear a buzzing sound inherent to plasma TVs. But with Cinema Smooth on, it's quiet. Has anyone else noticed this?
post #817 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 04:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy A View Post
S2mikey, I feel sad, it has been on the floor over in the corner running slides the last couple of days. I promise I will get it up soon. I have some extra hands coming tomorrow to pickup up some old furniture and I hope to tap them to get the old 32 CRT out of the bedroom and the 50 off the stand and back to the bedroom where the 32 was, then get the 5000 up on the stand where the 50 was, so keep your fingers crossed that everything works out. The misses is a small little thing and she is not much help when it comes to heavy awkward lifting.

Cheers
No problem, you'll get it setup soon enough. I'm sure everything will work out just fine. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post
Just about any TV, including the best plasmas with the best AR filters, are gonna look like crap in that scenario though. No way around it. Most people forget about that.
This is true but I at least wanted to make that point. I probably pump this TV up a little more than I should so I had to say something bad. . It's really an awesome set though.... There I go again, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fat Cat View Post
Well I threw my hat into the ring on one of these a week ago, delivery is set for this Thursday (1/22). I'll be replacing my Panasonic 42" (2006 model, TH42PX600U) which has served me faithfully for nearly 8 years now. To be honest 64" is a bit big for my room but at this point there just aren't that many options (still kicking myself for not grabbing a Panasonic last year ). Haven't seen one of these in the store so it's a bit of a gamble. I have seen the 60" F5300 version at BB, and as usual it looks like crap next to the ultrabright LCD's when you're standing right next to it, but back up a few feet and the difference in picture quality makes you wonder why anybody would buy an lcd. If this thing can even come close to the picture quality of my Panasonic I'll consider it money well spent.
I owned a Panasonic PX42U series set a while back and I believe this H5000 is a better overall performer. You're going to love it.

Totally agree on wondering why anyone would buy anything other than a plasma? The showroom doesn't help at all. Those 4K LCDs on the wall running company prepared content streams do look pretty incredible. Of course, once at home you'll rarely if ever get that kind of performance but no one seems to ever figure on that.

Oh well. Here we are. Plasma is sadly pretty much gone. That's why grabbing one of these 5000 sets is good choice. It's one of the very few big screen plasmas left you can actually buy for a reasonable price. I know the 8500 can be had but they are harder to find and are way more expensive.

Samsung PN64H5000
LG BP 540
Sony DH550 AVR

Last edited by s2mikey; 01-18-2015 at 04:55 AM.
post #818 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2676 Post(s)
Liked: 2453
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

You don't think that LCD will not be affected under the same conditions, LCD screens now are super glossy , you can't avoid reflections with glossy screens.
post #819 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I hit 100 hours yesterday with about 75% slides and 25% viewing. Going to let slides run all day today and calibrate with WOW disc tonight.
post #820 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 09:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post
You don't think that LCD will not be affected under the same conditions, LCD screens now are super glossy , you can't avoid reflections with glossy screens.
Actually, this is true. Both of the 4K sets I returned were better than the H5000 regarding reflections but we're still plagued by them nonetheless. The Samsung 8550 LCD was especially reflective. So much for that then, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LmLewis View Post
I hit 100 hours yesterday with about 75% slides and 25% viewing. Going to let slides run all day today and calibrate with WOW disc tonight.
Can't wait to see how your cal comes out. We need to collaborate and get some settings posts in this thread! Bring them on, my H5000 brothers!

Samsung PN64H5000
LG BP 540
Sony DH550 AVR
post #821 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Totally agree on wondering why anyone would buy anything other than a plasma? The showroom doesn't help at all. Those 4K LCDs on the wall running company prepared content streams do look pretty incredible. Of course, once at home you'll rarely if ever get that kind of performance but no one seems to ever figure on that.
To clarify, this attatched image illustrates what I'm talking about. Notice the yellow bars on the "tree" are alternating in shades dark/light. The plasma was the only tv in the store where you could see the color gradient (except for the 4k models which as you mentioned were running the carefully selected pre-rendered slide show and didn't have the regular store feed -- on a side note I tried to get them to hook one of the 4k sets up to the regular store feed and they refused -- but I digress).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Holiday-Tree-2014.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	486145  
post #822 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mr. Fat Cat why so concerned if that's not going to be your panel ,I really don't see the issue that you are talking on the picture but if you think that panel is behaving bad why worry about that particular panel,many many LCD panels turn into a nightmare after lights are off.

IMHO focus on your tv not the one that you saw at BB.
post #823 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Does anyone know why the never developed a 4K Plasma? Just curious here? I know my state of CA had a hand in killing the Plasma due to how much energy they used and basically made it illegal to sell here starting this year. I don't want to get into a political discussion, but it's really none of the states damn business what I want to buy. Our TV's are rated at $22 per year on average to operate, that's nothing!
post #824 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LmLewis View Post
Does anyone know why the never developed a 4K Plasma? Just curious here? I know my state of CA had a hand in killing the Plasma due to how much energy they used and basically made it illegal to sell here starting this year. I don't want to get into a political discussion, but it's really none of the states damn business what I want to buy. Our TV's are rated at $22 per year on average to operate, that's nothing!
It might be "nothing" to you, but add up millions of 600 watt TVs (normal, non-pentile) and you'll quickly see how much energy can be saved and how much pollution could be avoided. It wouldn't matter if we all ran our homes off nuclear fusion reactors but that just isn't the world we live in. We're saving 75% on electric lighting costs now with LEDs and that's great. It's a moot point anyway because plasma lost to LCD in the marketplace like Betamax lost to VHS. For the rest of us that occupy this niche of the market, the energy use doesn't matter as much on the whole.

As for 4k - it was too expensive and challenging to make, they say.

Last edited by Soulburner; 01-18-2015 at 12:59 PM.
post #825 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
It might be "nothing" to you, but add up millions of 600 watt TVs (normal, non-pentile) and you'll quickly see how much energy can be saved and how much pollution could be avoided. It wouldn't matter if we all ran our homes off nuclear fusion reactors but that just isn't the world we live in. We're saving 75% on electric lighting costs now with LEDs and that's great. It's a moot point anyway because plasma lost to LCD in the marketplace like Betamax lost to VHS. For the rest of us that occupy this niche of the market, the energy use doesn't matter as much on the whole.

As for 4k - it was too expensive and challenging to make, they say.
Honestly, as for power usage, you can say " but add up millions of xxxx watt <insert electric product here> you'll quickly see how much energy can be saved and how much pollution could be avoided" for many different things. Why should TV viewing folks suffer or sacrifice? Let other "power hogs" find ways to reduce their footprint or whatever.
StinDaWg, Mr. Fat Cat and LmLewis like this.

Samsung PN64H5000
LG BP 540
Sony DH550 AVR
post #826 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Honestly, as for power usage, you can say " but add up millions of xxxx watt <insert electric product here> you'll quickly see how much energy can be saved and how much pollution could be avoided" for many different things. Why should TV viewing folks suffer or sacrifice? Let other "power hogs" find ways to reduce their footprint or whatever.
It's really an irrelevant discussion because that isn't why plasma is dead. No one killed consumer plasma just because it was using too much energy (though that didn't help).

And obviously to consumers, LCD is "good enough".
post #827 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Convenience always win over Quality.

Celluloid Film / Digital.

Vinyl / CD and CD will be completely replaced with streaming.

Plasma / LCD. LCD is way cheaper to make.

Blu ray / Soon to be completely replaced by Streaming

and the list keeps going.
post #828 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 03:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm not sold on all this streaming stuff. The bandwidth requirements are huge and bog down the internet, the quality is lower, and I can't watch without an internet connection. Don't get me started on actually owning my movies and games and "buffering".
Mr. Fat Cat likes this.
post #829 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Also, has anyone noticed this:

On the WOW disc during the Pirates jail scene, with brightness in the common 45-48 range, there is a lot of green noise in the dark areas, especially on the cell bars. To get rid of them, taking brightness down to 30 greatly helps. However that crushes a bit of detail on other scenes so I've settled on 35 as a compromise. If you raise it beyond 35 the noise becomes amplified too much for my liking. Otherwise there is little difference to the image going down to 35 brightness and I'll take the cleaner image any day. I do realize that the Brightness charts tell me that 45-48 is the correct setting, but they are designed to exaggerate the difference for ease of calibration. I'll continue playing with it and see if any more content bothers me as much as this scene did.

An alternative is cranking up the digital clean view, but I'd rather only as a last resort.

Last edited by Soulburner; 01-18-2015 at 08:00 PM.
post #830 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 09:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

More notes on my time with the WOW disc:

The correct Gamma for this TV appears to be 0. This achieves ~2.2 gamma per the test chart. When setting it to -1, it shifts to ~2.3. The consequences of this are that you will need 3-4 ticks more Brightness on the brightness chart. Unfortunately I have found that this amplifies noise in dark details in some scenes and to me is undesirable. I'd prefer to keep my brightness under 45 so I will stay with a setting of 0 which gives a standard gamma of 2.2.

Last edited by Soulburner; 01-18-2015 at 11:25 PM.
post #831 of 1766 Old 01-18-2015, 11:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Post Samsung PN64H5000 Recommended Settings

I think Samsung has really given us a great display, and it's sad to see the technology being discontinued. The following are the basic settings that will get your plasma performing its best. However if you want to get every last bit of accuracy from the display, you will need a full calibration of the color and white balance. All settings derived from test charts on the Disney World of Wonder Blu-ray. You may notice that these are very similar to orion2001's settings for the F5300B. I also own that display, and find them to be nearly identical.

Picture Menu:

Picture Mode -Movie-
Cell Light 20
Contrast 95
Brightness 45 (you may go down to 35-40 to alleviate dark image noise on some material)
Sharpness 0
Color 50
Tint G50/R50
Picture Size Screen Fit

Advanced Settings:

Dynamic Contrast Off
Black Tone Off
Flesh Tone 0
RGB Only Mode Off (blue is useful while calibrating color)
Color Space Auto
Gamma 0

Picture Options:

Color Tone Warm 1
Digital Clean View Off (experiment if you have noisy material)
MPEG Noise Filter Off (same as above)
HDMI Black Level Per Source*
Film Mode Cinema Smooth (available with 24fps material)
Black Optimizer Off (see this post for more information)

*You should have your Samsung Plasma and your source (BD, PS3, etc) set as follows:
  • HDMI Black Level Low if your source is set to RGB Limited
  • HDMI Black Level Normal if your source is set to RGB Full Range

This is merely telling the TV what range of values to expect. If they don't match, you get really messed up contrast. If you're using a PC, use the Normal setting. Granted this only applies to RGB material, such as games and apps. With video, such as Blu-ray or TV, the signal is not sent in RGB (rather Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr) so this setting won't apply.

Enable the Eco Solution if the TV is too bright in a pitch black room. This lets you leave your settings intact but reduce eye strain. A setting of low will give about the same effect as lowering cell light by 5-6 points, and won't throw your calibration of of whack. Some bias lighting behind the TV is also helpful in reducing eye strain.

If using Color Space Native:
Color 46
Tint G42/R58

I'm not sure if Auto/50 or the above Native setting is better. I'm watching TV to see if I can tell any differences, but none are apparent to me.

Game Mode uses mostly the same settings, but in Standard Mode with Color at 44 and Flesh Tone at -2.

If you are using Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr Super-White with your PS3 or BD Player, turn it off. On a white screen such as a test chart it was making the image turn a murky off-white, a sign that the plasma TV was triggering its brightness limiter (ABL). This also made parts of the test charts that should have been invisible, visible. It is possible this could come up in a situation where you have a very white scene such as with snow or ice. If anyone has more information on this it would be appreciated.

I haven't made any adjustments to the White Balance at this time. If/when I do, I will update this post.

Enjoy the last of the great plasma TVs

Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings)
Denon AVR-X4000
A little R&R: Reaction Audio CX-10 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
And a pair of Emotiva Airmotiv 5s

Last edited by Soulburner; 11-18-2015 at 03:14 PM.
post #832 of 1766 Old 01-19-2015, 03:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm not sold on all this streaming stuff. The bandwidth requirements are huge and bog down the internet, the quality is lower, and I can't watch without an internet connection. Don't get me started on actually owning my movies and games and "buffering".
I'm kind of with ya here. I much prefer to own a physical copy of my favorite discs and maybe a few TV shows on blu Ray. But, for basic show watching or just to try out some stuff the streaming really does work well. With a strong internet connection you shouldn't have any problems at all.

To me, a combination of streaming and physical discs is the best solution but I know that the masses don't care too much about physical discs so at some point those will go away too.

That's why I can't imagine that 4K blu Ray will ever take off. Not even a chance. Not only do people have to rebuy all those movies again but they'll have to buy new AVRs, TVs, etc. good luck with that.

Quote:
I think Samsung has really given us a great display, and it's sad to see the technology being discontinued. I can't deviate from the following settings without making the image inaccurate in some way. All settings derived from test charts on the Disney World of Wonder Blu-ray.

Picture Menu:

Picture Mode -Movie-
Cell Light 20
Contrast 95
Brightness 45 (you may go down to 35 to alleviate dark image noise on some material)
Sharpness 0
Color 50
Tint G50/R50
Picture Size Screen Fit

Advanced Settings:

Dynamic Contrast Off
Black Tone Off
Flesh Tone 0
RGB Only Mode Off (blue is useful while calibrating color)
Color Space Auto
Gamma 0

Picture Options:

Color Tone Warm 1*
Digital Clean View Off (experiment if you have noisy material)
MPEG Noise Filter Off (same as above)
HDMI Black Level Normal for Blu-ray playback, Low for console gaming**
Film Mode Cinema Smooth (available with 24fps material)
Black Optimizer Dark Room

*With Warm 2, whites are not white but instead yellowish.

**You should have your player set to RGB Limited, NOT Full Range. Full Range will cause problems getting your contrast set properly. With RGB Full Range blacks are too black and whites are too white, leading to a loss of detail. Granted this only applies to RGB material, such as PlayStation games and apps.

Enable the Eco Solution if the TV is too bright in a pitch black room. This lets you leave your settings intact but reduce eye strain. A setting of low will give about the same effect as lowering cell light by 5-6 points, and won't throw your calibration of of whack. Some bias lighting behind the TV is also helpful in reducing eye strain.

If using Color Space Native:
Color 46
Tint G42/R58

I'm not sure if Auto/50 or the above Native setting is better. I'm watching TV to see if I can tell any differences, but none are apparent to me.

Game Mode uses mostly the same settings, but in Standard Mode with Color at 44 and Flesh Tone at -2.

If you are using Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr Super-White with your PS3 or BD Player, turn it off. On a white screen such as a test chart it was making the image turn a murky off-white, a sign that the plasma TV was triggering its brightness limiter (ABL). This also made parts of the test charts that should have been invisible, visible. It is possible this could come up in a situation where you have a very white scene such as with snow or ice. If anyone has more information on this it would be appreciated.

I haven't made any adjustments to the White Balance at this time. If/when I do, I will update this post.

Enjoy the last of the great plasma TVs
Great job on these settings and thanks for posting. I encourage more folks to post what they are using so we can work as a group to get this TV dialed in the best we can.

I also prefer Warm 1 and the gamma set to 0. I have some tweaked settings that I'll post later tonight. Now that I've owned the display for a week or so and have watched a bunch of stuff I have a better idea of how to tweak it.

Samsung PN64H5000
LG BP 540
Sony DH550 AVR
post #833 of 1766 Old 01-19-2015, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am a huge Plasma fan - Still have a Pioneer 5070 in my bedroom and a PN60-5300 in my living room, so glad that I saw this post on the 64, going to order one from Amazon. I really thought I was going to have to settle with an LCD for my Bonus room.....but I am glad I don't have too now.
post #834 of 1766 Old 01-19-2015, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
3 Click ordering on Amazon Prime !! - Whoo hoo - its set to be delivered on Friday between Noon and 3pm !!!

Now I will need you guys help in calibrating this TV for a colorblind guy....its a little tough - I rely on your guys expertise to help be get the TV right on for my wife and other peoples viewing.....
post #835 of 1766 Old 01-19-2015, 10:27 AM

Hey. Does anyone have a link to an easy to follow step by step way to activate the Cal-Day and Cal-Night settings through the service menu. Our family has a 2010 samsung plasma. Forget the model off hand, but it was their top of the line at the time. I really like how Cal-Day looks when watching movies. Much more than the movie setting. Thanks.
post #836 of 1766 Old 01-19-2015, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhraracing View Post
I am a huge Plasma fan - Still have a Pioneer 5070 in my bedroom and a PN60-5300 in my living room, so glad that I saw this post on the 64, going to order one from Amazon. I really thought I was going to have to settle with an LCD for my Bonus room.....but I am glad I don't have too now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhraracing View Post
3 Click ordering on Amazon Prime !! - Whoo hoo - its set to be delivered on Friday between Noon and 3pm !!!

Now I will need you guys help in calibrating this TV for a colorblind guy....its a little tough - I rely on your guys expertise to help be get the TV right on for my wife and other peoples viewing.....
Congrats to both of you! You're gonna love this set.

Please post your thoughts when you get a chance.

Samsung PN64H5000
LG BP 540
Sony DH550 AVR
post #837 of 1766 Old 01-19-2015, 03:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I have the 58C8000 from 5-6 years ago and those options are available in the standard display mode settings. I've never been into the service menu so they must be available by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mces97 View Post
Hey. Does anyone have a link to an easy to follow step by step way to activate the Cal-Day and Cal-Night settings through the service menu. Our family has a 2010 samsung plasma. Forget the model off hand, but it was their top of the line at the time. I really like how Cal-Day looks when watching movies. Much more than the movie setting. Thanks.
post #838 of 1766 Old 01-19-2015, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

IIRC these TVs don't have Day/Night profiles.
post #839 of 1766 Old 01-19-2015, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
IIRC these TVs don't have Day/Night profiles.
I believe you are right. If someone finds out otherwise, let us know. Although, with how good the TV looks as is, it's be hard for me to muck with the service menu and possibly screw something up.

Samsung PN64H5000
LG BP 540
Sony DH550 AVR
post #840 of 1766 Old 01-19-2015, 09:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I have read the H5000 and F5300 Cal-Day and Cal-Night profiles can be unhiden in the service menu but I don't have the step by step link handy.

---------------------------------------------------
2014 Samsung PN64H5000 Plasma Thread
2008 Samsung HLxxA650 DLP Thread/FAQ
Free Men Do Not Ask Permission to Bear Arms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
PN64H5000 , Samsung 64 Inch Pn64f5300 Plasma

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page