Well, mine arrived this past Thursday so I've been running it all weekend. Replacing my Panny P54S1 that is 5 years old. I'm not an expert, I just bought one b/c I wasn't ready to buy one and did so quickly b/c I can't find a Panasonic and Samsung announced this would be their last year. I'm not ready to move to LCD/LED yet. I bought off of Amazon using points for $1297 with Prime shipping. The same company that delivered my previous 2 Panny TV's 5 years ago delivered this one and were top notch, AGAIN. They seem to be bought out/merged as they were Eagle1 before but have some type of relationship with CEVA now. I'm seen a couple bad reviews on this company on Amazon, but wanted to say they were top notch, just like 5 years ago.
1. Not sure if it's b/c it's a 10" bigger screen but it definitely reflects more light. This is in my living room with windows around. Blinds and drapes only do so much and I knew this going into it. It's just my main TV viewing area.
2. Standing close you do see the pixels but I'd say you see it even farther away than what most people say. People say putting your nose on it, but I can see it at 3-4 feet, though note, my normal viewing distance is ~14 feet away so it wasn't a concern for me.
3. Blacks are better than my Panny but I also could be the victim of the Panny sofware issue that adjusted the blacks over time.
4. The 3 picture modes out of the box are Dynamic, Standard, and Movie with Dynamic the default. I don't like the Dynamic and Standard and movie looks the best preset mode. Note, this is in a brighter room not ideal for daytime TV, again, I knew that ahead of time.
5. I'm still trying to figure out the colors. Watching the golf tournament, the 'Greens' looked good, but it's when I see brighter colors that I'm not crazy about it. They seem brighter than my panny. This could be a Sharpness thing and I'm just not used to it but the yellow/pinks/bright blues seem to stand out more. Maybe more than I like. Though, maybe b/c the Black is darker, they're popping more and I'm not used to it, but I am in the darker 'Movie' mode. The Dynamic mode might as well be a LED on the store torch setting.
6. I like the stand better than my Panasonic stand, though it could be an inch or two shorter and it'd be perfect
7. I like the thinner bezel around the television, makes my Panasonic look dated.
I'm happy with it, I think it's the bright colors I have to play with or get used to. The darker colors are better than my old TV yet I like the brighter colors better on the older TV
I'm using At&T Uverse and a Playstation 3 for my content running into an older Bose system that has the HDMI extension unit.
I have yet to watch a Blu-Ray as I want the TV to break in. Maybe after I get around to using some breakin slides.