Bay Area Calibration Tour by Chad B! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 51 Old 03-08-2014, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
If you're located near the Bay Area, CA Chad B has agreed to come out and bring his vaunted calibrating skills! However to make this trip worth his while he will need at least 8 calibrations to make it worth his while. I'm in so that means 7 more people. He will keep it his normal fee. However, if we can't come up with 8 people he will ask for $600 in travel expenses. If anyone is interested post here or message me.

I will update soon with potential time windows and his fee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 03-10-2014, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Looks like Chad has open slots in the month of May! $425 flat fee for calibration in 3 viewing modes. So far we have 2 people signed up. 6 more to make this happen from one of the best calibrators in the business. Anyone else have suggestions on where to post this group calibration?
Chad B likes this.
post #3 of 51 Old 03-12-2014, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 58
John, I sent you a PM but am posting here to encourage others in the SF Bay Area. If Chad can make a swing out our way, I'm definitely in. Have you also posted in the Display Calibration thread?
RobertR1 and johdtv like this.
post #4 of 51 Old 03-12-2014, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Great! 6 more slots open for the master Chad B!
post #5 of 51 Old 03-12-2014, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I'm interested, in SF. I've got a ZT and would love Chad B to work his magic on it.

PM me the details.
johdtv likes this.
post #6 of 51 Old 03-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
This is a great opportunity for folks on the West coast. Chad calibrated two of my TV's and he did a great job. He's scheduled to do my bedroom TV in April. The difference before and after calibration is huge! I have had several TV's calibrated by multiple calibrators and Chad is one of the best. He's very detail oriented. No matter what I do with my own calibration disc it just can't compare to an accurate grey scale that a professional calibration gets you. Hope you have an opportunity to see that for yourselves!
Chad B likes this.
post #7 of 51 Old 03-19-2014, 05:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Chad has been my calibrator for almost the last nine years. He's calibrated four different displays of mine (soon to be 5th in a couple of weeks) and I have always been thrilled with the work he has done. His skills are top notch and I think anyone would be very happy with how their display looks after he's done with it. Very highly recommended and well worth the money, trust me.
Chad B likes this.

post #8 of 51 Old 03-19-2014, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

So far we have 5 people who are seriously interested with another possible person. 2-3 more people and we can close this deal!

Get Chad B out west!
post #9 of 51 Old 03-19-2014, 07:22 PM

Liked: 12
I just had my 2nd PN60F8500 calibrated by Chad this monday, his skills areamazing as I've had many calibration's so but he really takes his time and goes over things 3 or 4 times where other calibrators , just run thru. Don't hesitate to use him if you love you'r set.
Chad B likes this.

Samsung PN59D8000 Plasma Calibrated with fbr fix
Samsung ln52b750 Lcd ccfl

post #10 of 51 Old 03-20-2014, 09:26 AM
zel

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I sent a PM already, but putting my name in here just in case. smile.gif

I've been following the calibration discussions and had already decided on Chad B. Very glad if we can have him tour the bay area.
johdtv likes this.
post #11 of 51 Old 03-20-2014, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Definitely interested...
johdtv likes this.
post #12 of 51 Old 03-21-2014, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

We have about five solid commits and two people who are interested. Let's get this done. Get one of the best calibrators all the way out to the Bay Area! Feel free to post around on other forums.
post #13 of 51 Old 03-22-2014, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Please don't miss out on this opportunity, Chad is one of the very best calibrators in the country. He can bring out the very best in your set and once you see a professionally calibrated display there is no going back imo.
I am lucky enough that Chad lives in my local area but this west coast trip is great chance for you to see his fantastic work in person. Here are links to my reviews for my recent VT50 and VT60 calibrations.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-vt65-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/13470#post_24467254

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1408338/official-panasonic-vt50-owners-thread/11430#post_23143787
Chad B likes this.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #14 of 51 Old 03-22-2014, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Got an update from Chad B.

1. After we reach 8 people a deposit for $100 is due.
2. Will find the best week in May that works for all of us.
3. He also calibrates audio and that would count as a person as well as multiple displays. So we could have 1 person count as 2 if they had a display and audio or 2 displays.

Let's get 3 more people!
Chad B likes this.
post #15 of 51 Old 03-22-2014, 11:01 PM

Liked: 13
johdtv,
I already sent you a PM, but posting here so that you can count me in.
johdtv likes this.
post #16 of 51 Old 03-22-2014, 11:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by johdtv View Post

Got an update from Chad B.

1. After we reach 8 people a deposit for $100 is due.
2. Will find the best week in May that works for all of us.
3. He also calibrates audio and that would count as a person as well as multiple displays. So we could have 1 person count as 2 if they had a display and audio or 2 displays.

Let's get 3 more people!

I've had Chad's audio calibration as well and it's a BIG improvement over the auto cal capability of your given receiver. His audio cal significantly improvement the fullness and impact of the sound in my living room which was difficult because of the acoustics in the room. I've got a new Denon X3000 and will have him calibrate my new audio set-up in addition to my front projector in a couple of weeks.
Chad B likes this.

post #17 of 51 Old 03-26-2014, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

PM sent to those that are interested!
post #18 of 51 Old 03-27-2014, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Deposits are being sent in. It's still not too late, but you better hurry before it fills up. Again a chance to get one of the best calibrators out here. Other reputable calibrators on this forum have regular tours where they come out our way. But this will be Chad's first time and hopefully not his last although that also might happen. Get it now.

1. Fill out this contact form and let him know your open windows. http://hdtvbychadb.com/contact

2. Paypal $100 deposit to Chad B. scheduling@hdtvbychadb.com

Chad B if you can post on this thread so people know it's legit!
post #19 of 51 Old 03-27-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Yes I'm looking forward to meeting my California friends in May! I will have the week decided on soon.

touring calibrator
Jeti 1211

Latest reviews:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #20 of 51 Old 03-27-2014, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 32

I believe in calibration. I have a Sony VPL-VW600ES 4K projector. It looked great out of the box and utterly fabulous once set with Munsil & Spears v2. What more benefit could I achieve? This is a serious question, not a joke or a troll.

post #21 of 51 Old 03-27-2014, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post

I believe in calibration. I have a Sony VPL-VW600ES 4K projector. It looked great out of the box and utterly fabulous once set with Munsil & Spears v2. What more benefit could I achieve? This is a serious question, not a joke or a troll.

The 600 is quite accurate from the factory as several knowledgeable folks have attested so calibration might not do much for you unless you're watching a lot of 3D. I'd like to give you personal statistics because I'm both a calibrator and an owner. Unfortunately I won't be hanging the pj for another month or so (new construction).

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #22 of 51 Old 03-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

The 600 is quite accurate from the factory as several knowledgeable folks have attested so calibration might not do much for you unless you're watching a lot of 3D. I'd like to give you personal statistics because I'm both a calibrator and an owner. Unfortunately I won't be hanging the pj for another month or so (new construction).

3D seems completely disc-specific. I see a little crosstalk on Men In Black 3, but absolutely no crosstalk on Gravity. So I guess the PJ is just displaying what it's fed.

post #23 of 51 Old 03-27-2014, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

3D seems completely disc-specific. I see a little crosstalk on Men In Black 3, but absolutely no crosstalk on Gravity. So I guess the PJ is just displaying what it's fed.

Not crosstalk - COLOR

Buzz

post #24 of 51 Old 03-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Not crosstalk - COLOR

What do you mean? I see colors. Lots of colors. (Takes a puff.) More colors.

post #25 of 51 Old 03-27-2014, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Not crosstalk - COLOR

Accuracy comes to mind. The 3D glasses skew color. Why not take this to the 500/600 thread?

Buzz

post #26 of 51 Old 03-27-2014, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not crosstalk - COLOR

Accuracy comes to mind. The 3D glasses skew color. Why not take this to the 500/600 thread?

Ah, gotcha. Turns out the Spears & Munsil disc works in 3D mode as well as 2D mode. This confused me at first, because even in 3D mode, the test patterns are flat. But the disc does trigger the display into 3D mode. So the color, hue, and other items can be set with the glasses on.

post #27 of 51 Old 03-27-2014, 11:26 PM

Liked: 12
Please count me in. I would love for Chad to Calibrate my Samsung PN64F8500. I have already filled out Chad's contact form but have not received a reply from him as of yet. Should I send Chad the PayPal deposit anyway?
post #28 of 51 Old 03-28-2014, 04:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberrocker View Post

Please count me in. I would love for Chad to Calibrate my Samsung PN64F8500. I have already filled out Chad's contact form but have not received a reply from him as of yet. Should I send Chad the PayPal deposit anyway?
Thanks yes I got it and will be replying soon.

touring calibrator
Jeti 1211

Latest reviews:

post #29 of 51 Old 03-28-2014, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks everyone! I've sent emails to everyone who has emailed me so far. If I have missed any one, please let me know. Looking at May 13-20th.

touring calibrator
Jeti 1211

Latest reviews:

post #30 of 51 Old 03-30-2014, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Chad, got another local AVS member interested and they contacted you. smile.gif There might be a few slots left. Hurry and send in your deposits.
Chad B likes this.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page