Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 790 Old 06-02-2014, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSybarite View Post

One question to the people who got the Netflix subscription over the phone, What did you say to get it?
Thanks in advance.

I didnt do it over the phone. I did it online.. there is a website for it:

http://www.acbincentives.com/lgnetflix/default.asp

They want you to attatch a pic of the serial number and I think the receipt. Then they will send you back something that says its pending approval. Worked for me.. now I am waiting for the wireless dongle that they said they will ship me so I can use it. haha
TheSybarite likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 790 Old 06-02-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taheer19 View Post

It's all perfectly normal for a plasma. The phospors just need to age and even out. Every plasma has that same "issue"... Which really isn't an issue.

I'm almost 2 weeks into having my tv and I think the picture is getting better and better!

Pretty much every tv I've ever bought needs to "break in". None of the pictures have looked great right out of the box to me.

This isnt the top of the line plasma.. there is a $3,000 60" Samsung out there.. but I didnt want to pay that much.. so I am happy with this puppy!
Taheer19 likes this.
post #333 of 790 Old 06-03-2014, 12:57 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by higrpwdd View Post

I'm almost 2 weeks into having my tv and I think the picture is getting better and better!

Pretty much every tv I've ever bought needs to "break in". None of the pictures have looked great right out of the box to me.

This isnt the top of the line plasma.. there is a $3,000 60" Samsung out there.. but I didnt want to pay that much.. so I am happy with this puppy!

Same here.  Had ours a month now, got the free Netflix, the dongle, and enjoying every minute of it, especially the ball games!  No regrets at all.

higrpwdd and derore like this.
post #334 of 790 Old 06-03-2014, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Thank you very much, Taheer. When you say it isn't an issue, it isn't an issue if it disappears, or even if it stays it is not an issue?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taheer19 View Post

It should go away for the most part. All of my plasmas, even my Panasonic, have had some streaking like that. After around the 200 hour mark they mostly go away. You'll never even notice it unless you had it on a single color like the break in slides. And after so long, it will be gone or so light you won't notice. Relax and enjoy the TV. smile.gif

I had cloudy spots on my slides as well, but to the naked eye, it looked to be getting better when I stopped running the slides at about 50 hours in.

Quote:

I've had mine for about a week and a half.  Between slides and actually using the thing, I'd guess I'm at about 75 hours or so, and the picture looks great.  I popped the Avatar blu-ray in this past weekend, and it looked fantastic.

post #335 of 790 Old 06-03-2014, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 19

Here is a great link for checking hours.  This should work for current models as well:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/hdtv-video-displays-processors/23475-how-check-hours-used-your-plasma.html

post #336 of 790 Old 06-03-2014, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter4lyf View Post

Okay, so I've owned the LG PB6600 since April 9th, 2014. Earlier today I noticed this white lightning and squares flickering throughout the blacks. It only happens when black appears on the screen. Unfortunately, it hasn't gone away yet. What is going on?

Is that from your source? Such as cable or satellite box? If it is, try a blu ray that has lots of blacks like Men In Black or The Matrix. If its reproduced then def exchange the tv. If its not..then most likely your box needs replacement. Just call up your cable provider and they will send someone out or a replacement.
post #337 of 790 Old 06-03-2014, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-e-L-L-o View Post

Is that from your source? Such as cable or satellite box? If it is, try a blu ray that has lots of blacks like Men In Black or The Matrix. If its reproduced then def exchange the tv. If its not..then most likely your box needs replacement. Just call up your cable provider and they will send someone out or a replacement.

I was watching Breaking Bad on Netflix through my PC. I will attempt to play a blue ray movie when I get home from work and see if I get the same results. Thanks for your reply.

UPDATE: I have been watching a blue ray movie without any issues for the last 30 minuets through my PC. I wonder why the effect only started happening while streaming Netflix content through my PC? I have LG sending me a WiFi dongle. Perhaps I will test out Netflix through the TV when it arrives and see if I notice any difference.
post #338 of 790 Old 06-03-2014, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmtaub View Post

Here is a great link for checking hours.  This should work for current models as well:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/hdtv-video-displays-processors/23475-how-check-hours-used-your-plasma.html

This isn't working for me... Any luck?
post #339 of 790 Old 06-03-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

One question to the people who got the Netflix subscription over the phone, What did you say to get it?
Thanks in advance.

I didnt do it over the phone. I did it online.. there is a website for it:

http://www.acbincentives.com/lgnetflix/default.asp

They want you to attatch a pic of the serial number and I think the receipt. Then they will send you back something that says its pending approval. Worked for me.. now I am waiting for the wireless dongle that they said they will ship me so I can use it. haha

I saw the list of available models and the Netflix deal is not for a plasma TV only led vs Ltd. Model 60PB6600 isn't on the list free Netflix

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
post #340 of 790 Old 06-03-2014, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 117
LG is gonna produce the top plasma of 2015, finally overcoming all the competition from the likes of Fujitsu, NEC, Hitachi, Pioneer, Pansaonic, and finally Samsung. Slow and steady wins the race. tongue.gif

Vizio VP322 Plasma / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Denon 2200 Silicon Image DVD / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis DVD / Oppo 970HD Mediatek DVD / Oppo 983H Anchor Bay DVD / Panasonic LX-600 Laserdisc / Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS / PS2 / Sega Genesis / Nintendo SNES / Roku 2 XS & HD-XR / Realistic STA-90 Reciever / Realistic Minimus 7 / Antennacraft G1483 Hoverman / Belden 7915A RG6 / Channel Master 7777 Titan 2 UHF/VHF / Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
post #341 of 790 Old 06-03-2014, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
It's $699 at Fry's again, man this is so tempting it's not even funny anymore. Especially with the deal of Netflix as well.
post #342 of 790 Old 06-04-2014, 02:16 AM

Quote:

I was watching Breaking Bad on Netflix through my PC. I will attempt to play a blue ray movie when I get home from work and see if I get the same results. Thanks for your reply.

UPDATE: I have been watching a blue ray movie without any issues for the last 30 minuets through my PC. I wonder why the effect only started happening while streaming Netflix content through my PC? I have LG sending me a WiFi dongle. Perhaps I will test out Netflix through the TV when it arrives and see if I notice any difference.

That's weird. Try another tv series, it could be just Breaking Bad. Try reinstalling the silver light plugin on your pc. Doesn't sound like its the tv at least
post #343 of 790 Old 06-04-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187 View Post

I saw the list of available models and the Netflix deal is not for a plasma TV only led vs Ltd. Model 60PB6600 isn't on the list free Netflix

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I was told to pick a tv model that looks close.. it worked.
dmtaub likes this.
post #344 of 790 Old 06-04-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike86325 View Post

Does the netflix deal start once we use the confirmation code? Or when they first email us? Also, does anyone know if we can still keep the Netflix if we return or sell? I'm (regretfully) thinking about returning mine due to lag.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yes, for me the Netflix worked just as soon as I entered the confirmation code.  I would guess that you most likely would keep your Netflix (free) subscription.  I can't imagine that LG would go to the trouble to notify Netflix so that they could cancel your subscription!  Nor do I see how LG would know if and when you returned the set (assuming that you didn't register is with LG).  

For example I access my new Netflix subscription via my tablet and/or my other tv set.

post #345 of 790 Old 06-04-2014, 06:57 AM

Regarding sound output.  My LG is part of a somewhat basic home theater set up.  5.1 speakers, a Kenwood receiver and a WOW cable box.   Works fine.  Sound comes from the WOW cable box into the Kenwood receiver via an optical cable.  I am feeding the audio from my dvd player (which I very rarely use anymore) into the Kenwood via RCA cables.  I also have a ROKU 2XS which I am using less and less as I get accustomed to the smart apps on the LG.  

I am also feeding audio/video from 32GB thumb drives into the LG.  I have a short dongle that hangs down behind the set (it is wall-mounted) so that I can plug the thumb drives into the dongle. That's a lot easier than trying to reach behind the set, fumble for the USB input etc.  

So here is the issue: The video is great from the thumb drive.  Of course I have audio from the thumb drive/dongle coming through the speakers in the LG.  But obviously not through the Kenwood and the 5.1 system......as there is no additional audio output from that thumb drive.  Just the feed through the USB input on the LG.

As you know the quality of the sound from the LG speakers is......well just ok.   So what are some options I should consider to improve the sound from the USB dongle?

I suppose I could add an inexpensive sound bar JUST for the thumb drive videos. It could be connected directly to the LG so that the audio feed from the USB thumb drive would play thru the bar. Any additional speakers I add would have to be active (self-powered) right?  

Am wondering if others here might have better suggestions.  Either regarding the lack of sound from the USB or another input to access the thumb drives or ???????  There is a good chance that I am missing some basic solution.

Thanks!

BTW I have had my PB6600 since mid-May.  Snagged it quickly when MicroCenter had them.  I like it more each day.  Am very very happy with my purchase.  Still trying to unload my Olevia 42" LCD/LED set.  On the CL in Central Ohio, am down to $150 and no takers.  Jeesh!

post #346 of 790 Old 06-04-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:

I was told to pick a tv model that looks close.. it worked.

Yep, I did the same thing.  And it worked for me also.  Perhaps the PB6600 is too new to have made the list?

post #347 of 790 Old 06-04-2014, 08:36 AM

A question about the Netflix deal. I signed up for it a few days ago and when I go back to check my status it says "approved," but I haven't received any email or anything.

Are we supposed to get an email with a code or something? If so, how many days passed after you signed up to get that email? 

Thank you guys for all the help.

post #348 of 790 Old 06-04-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:

A question about the Netflix deal. I signed up for it a few days ago and when I go back to check my status it says "approved," but I haven't received any email or anything.

Are we supposed to get an email with a code or something? If so, how many days passed after you signed up to get that email? 

Thank you guys for all the help.

I received this email from LG/Netflix.  You will probably get one like it.  Obviously I removed the activation code.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for redeeming your (6-month / 1-year) Netflix Unlimited Streaming Plan.   You will find your Activation Code (s) below:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

To activate your code:

1. Visit https://www.netflix.com/specialoffer

2. Enter your activation code .

3. Log in to Netflix on your LG Smart TV to enjoy your Netflix gift subscription

If you are an existing Netflix member, your account will receive a credit for the length of your gift subscription.

If you have any questions or problems with code redemption, please contact https://www.netflix.com/help and click on the "call us option"

Enjoy your Netflix gift subscription!

The LG Fulfillment Team!

post #349 of 790 Old 06-04-2014, 12:44 PM

Liked: 12
Does anyone know to acces to service menu?

post #350 of 790 Old 06-04-2014, 05:25 PM

Well I finally hooked up my set. Didn't realize just how big this tv is and need a new stand lol. Took it it out of the box and turned off all the processing stuff just to get a baseline of how it looks. I have to admit I am blown away. That's without dialing in my settings.

Blacks are great. Motion is fluid. I used the Moving Art: Oceans on Netflix just to view how the tv handled everything from my PS4 hooked up to HDMI directly to tv. (Didn't hook up to AVR yet, that might even look better ). http://movingart.com/2014/01/23/netflix/ . I imagine blu rays will look more crisp. Can't wait to get my Kung Fu Panda blu ray back lol.

I have never hooked up a tv and been satisfied right out of the box. The LG is superb for its price point. Also my unit from Fry's has the wifi dongle in the box. Just bought it yesterday so wonder why some do, some don't. Maybe LG just did it to save costs- if you you need one, they will send you one free. I use my PS4 for smart features anyway.

Also no IR issues. I didn't play at length but I have Final Fantasy XIV that has constant icons on the screen. Dibbled around for about 30 mins then switched to the PS4 home screen and I seen no screen retention. I will probably keep playing on my 42in though until i pass 100 hrs just to be on the safe side.

Will do some more testing and put in the AVG calibration dvd to see what things look like. Did not use the settings in here yet and might do that as well and just see what I like better to my eye. I will have to hook up my Xbox 360 and play COD: Black Ops 2 for a feel for the game lag. My 42in LCD is HORRIBLE and I am sure the LG will be a big improvement. I played on an old Panasonic X1 plasma and I can tell you that lag is def is a thing if you are a gamer. Been wanting a plasma for a VERY LONG TIME.

The screen is reflective, but once content is on, I was not distracted by it at all and didn't notice it. This was viewed in a very bright room (sunlight not lamps) during the day. Tried Mission Impossible III on Netflix (it was just added recently) and the scene where Ethan saves the agent in the warehouse was nice and dark, and very nicely lit up once bullets start flying and explosions are set off. Picture was slightly grainy due to compression and I can imagine the blu ray looking fantastic. The fact that I noticed the slight graininess was a plus watching this tv.

Overall, very happy with this purchase and can't wait to get it off my floor and onto a tv stand lol.
post #351 of 790 Old 06-04-2014, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Also my unit from Fry's has the wifi dongle in the box. Just bought it yesterday so wonder why some do, some don't. Maybe LG just did it to save costs- if you you need one, they will send you one free.

P.C. Richard automatically adds the dongle to the order, and ships it separately (just ordered Monday- so it's coming).  Maybe they are separated for the cost savings, or maybe they couldn't get the TV and dongle together in time (different sources?) for the earlier produced/shipments from "ROC".  Or...

post #352 of 790 Old 06-04-2014, 08:00 PM

Think I found out how to get the number of hours in operation. Go to settings, then the Support menu (question mark at bottom), then select "Product/Service Info." One of the listed items is "Used Time." Mine shows 67, and I'd previously estimated about 75 hours used thus far, so I'm guessing it's pretty accurate.
derore likes this.
post #353 of 790 Old 06-04-2014, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Saw one of these at Fry's in Austin, TX today.
Looked pretty good from what I could tell in Store.
It was set for Vivid but I switched it to an IFS1 preset picture mode.
Having a hard time not grabbing one of these until I decide what LCD I want to get in the 80" range.
Currently using a circa 2008 Panasonic 50" 800 series plasma.
I just checked the hrs on it and have about 5700 hrs.
Still works great but wanting something bigger.
Wife wants me to just go for the bigger LCD but I hate to have buyers remorse with the TV market changing around now. (Better tech, new specs)
post #354 of 790 Old 06-04-2014, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 117
So this 60" LG 6600 is better than the competing 60" Samsung F5300 Pentile display. But at 50" the 51" Samsung F5300 is superior. Am I right?

This 60" LG should be a big seller.

Vizio VP322 Plasma / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Denon 2200 Silicon Image DVD / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis DVD / Oppo 970HD Mediatek DVD / Oppo 983H Anchor Bay DVD / Panasonic LX-600 Laserdisc / Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS / PS2 / Sega Genesis / Nintendo SNES / Roku 2 XS & HD-XR / Realistic STA-90 Reciever / Realistic Minimus 7 / Antennacraft G1483 Hoverman / Belden 7915A RG6 / Channel Master 7777 Titan 2 UHF/VHF / Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
post #355 of 790 Old 06-04-2014, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

Quote:

Data Buffers?

post #356 of 790 Old 06-05-2014, 11:52 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoAlphaLima View Post

Think I found out how to get the number of hours in operation. Go to settings, then the Support menu (question mark at bottom), then select "Product/Service Info." One of the listed items is "Used Time." Mine shows 67, and I'd previously estimated about 75 hours used thus far, so I'm guessing it's pretty accurate.

I never noticed that part of the menu before, but that does seem accurate.  Before I checked it I estimated I was above 300 hours, and when I looked the number showed 323.  I then checked it an hour later and sure enough it moved up to 324.

post #357 of 790 Old 06-05-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blademeister View Post

I never noticed that part of the menu before, but that does seem accurate.  Before I checked it I estimated I was above 300 hours, and when I looked the number showed 323.  I then checked it an hour later and sure enough it moved up to 324.

Thanks for confirming.  Definitely seems like that's the spot to determine the number of hours on the set.

post #358 of 790 Old 06-05-2014, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

I don't have this option on my PB690v in europe ;(

Unfortunately, the pinkish hue also does not disappear on white background

post #359 of 790 Old 06-05-2014, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 19

I just checked mine, about 125 hours.  So, just keep on running slides and running the tv.  Still very pleased with the picture!

post #360 of 790 Old 06-05-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaoran View Post

I don't have this option on my PB690v in europe ;(

Unfortunately, the pinkish hue also does not disappear on white background

Same here. My spots have not changed at all after running slides for 91 hours. I'm losing hope.

They're not that noticeable with the white slides, buy they get VERY noticeable with the blue, red, and green darker slides.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
pb6600
Gear in this thread - pb6600 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page