post #451 of 759 Old 06-18-2014, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bluetooth Version on LG-60PB6600

Quote:
Originally Posted by higrpwdd View Post
Got my wireless dongle today.. hook up and connection to my wifi was way easier than with the Samsung 3D led I took down and the Smart connections, Apps, are just what I needed.. way better layout than my 3yr old Samsung. Been watching the HBO series "The Pacific" WWII movie after Pearl Harbor. Connection is awesome and HD no problems! Makes this tv much better! haha
Those with dongle, do you know if it supports Bluetooth 3.0 or 4.0? I hope 4.0 so that I can pair more than one headset at the same time. Could you please let me know? I spoke to the rep this morning and set sent it. But she had no clue on what version it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 759 Old 06-18-2014, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
It is Bluetooth 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canbonbon View Post
Those with dongle, do you know if it supports Bluetooth 3.0 or 4.0? I hope 4.0 so that I can pair more than one headset at the same time. Could you please let me know? I spoke to the rep this morning and set sent it. But she had no clue on what version it is.
Never mind, I found it on their website. I just did not know the name of the dongle she sent. It is Bluetooth 3.0

http://www.lg.com/us/tv-accessories/...00-usb-adapter

So pairing of more than one headset is out If anyone has any suggestions then that would be great.
post #453 of 759 Old 06-18-2014, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Blurring with scrolling text

Anyone else experiencing blurring with scolling text on ESPN? Haven't seen scrolling text on any other channel to test it out. Not a problem on any of my other Plasma tv's. Half the time the text is crystal clear and the other half it is so blurry it is barely readable.
post #454 of 759 Old 06-18-2014, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsizzle View Post
Anyone else experiencing blurring with scolling text on ESPN? Haven't seen scrolling text on any other channel to test it out. Not a problem on any of my other Plasma tv's. Half the time the text is crystal clear and the other half it is so blurry it is barely readable.
I've caught it every once in a while, but only really brief (1-2 seconds) It only seemed to happen during the soccer games. I think it is the source as the World Cup is being broadcast in 720p.
post #455 of 759 Old 06-18-2014, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you, everyone on this thread. I had seen this TV at Best Buy for $879 and liked it. I came here to see what others thought of it, and found out about the great deal at Micro Center, which in my neighborhood is about a five minute drive past Best Buy. I went there today, bought the TV for $599, set it up-and it works beautifully! I'm very pleased with this purchase, and look forward to trying out the Settings some of you have posted. (By the way, mine came with the dongle included.) Thanks again!
post #456 of 759 Old 06-18-2014, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by EChasen View Post
Thank you, everyone on this thread. I had seen this TV at Best Buy for $879 and liked it. I came here to see what others thought of it, and found out about the great deal at Micro Center, which in my neighborhood is about a five minute drive past Best Buy. I went there today, bought the TV for $599, set it up-and it works beautifully! I'm very pleased with this purchase, and look forward to trying out the Settings some of you have posted. (By the way, mine came with the dongle included.) Thanks again!
So you purchased it from Micro Center?
How was the buying experience there?
I've never shopped there but was thinking about giving them the business since they have it at the lowest price.
post #457 of 759 Old 06-19-2014, 04:17 AM

Dealing with Micro Center was very simple, actually, since I knew what I wanted. I just walked in, found the TV area, and when the salesman greeted me at the door, I asked him if he had the $600 60-inch TV. He said he did, showed it to me on the wall, and I just checked the model number and said I'll take it! I almost never buy store warranties, but I was (and still am) a little concerned that a TV this cheap is also cheaply made, so I let him sell me a warranty, but it wasn't a hard sell at all. I also needed a DVD player and so he showed me an LG model for 50 bucks, and I said fine. I took everything to the checkout, someone helped me put my new baby in the car, and I was gone less than 20 minutes after I walked in.

It was a very pleasant experience. The only caveat is that they don't deliver, you have to take it away yourself--and it won't fit in a car. It did fit in my Volvo station wagon easily, though.

My feeling was the same as yours: support the store that is offering the lowest price. I probably could have gotten a price match at Best Buy with no problem, but why?
post #458 of 759 Old 06-19-2014, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by EChasen View Post
Dealing with Micro Center was very simple, actually, since I knew what I wanted. I just walked in, found the TV area, and when the salesman greeted me at the door, I asked him if he had the $600 60-inch TV. He said he did, showed it to me on the wall, and I just checked the model number and said I'll take it! I almost never buy store warranties, but I was (and still am) a little concerned that a TV this cheap is also cheaply made, so I let him sell me a warranty, but it wasn't a hard sell at all. I also needed a DVD player and so he showed me an LG model for 50 bucks, and I said fine. I took everything to the checkout, someone helped me put my new baby in the car, and I was gone less than 20 minutes after I walked in.

It was a very pleasant experience. The only caveat is that they don't deliver, you have to take it away yourself--and it won't fit in a car. It did fit in my Volvo station wagon easily, though.

My feeling was the same as yours: support the store that is offering the lowest price. I probably could have gotten a price match at Best Buy with no problem, but why?
Price is only one aspect of business. If someone has a better return policy, free shipping, a better warranty and better support but the price is slightly higher, I would buy from them since they are adding more value to the deal. And if that reseller will price match a cheaper deal, then there you go!

As a Salesman, added value is what I am all about.
Now, I can't speak for all Best Buys, but the one by my house is very good (and I used to work there years ago).

I don't know much about Microcenters warranty structure, but I can speak to Best Buy's which is really good. After selling TVs for years, I saw too many instances of people not buying a warranty and then being left out in the rain when something happens. Chances are nothing will ever happen, but I buy warranties just for the "peace of mind"

I just go with 2 year plans though. If anything happens outside of that time frame I'll just buy something new.

Congrats on the TV though! It is a great set, I think you will be happy with it.
post #459 of 759 Old 06-20-2014, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpzan View Post
Hello, i've followed this thread for a while before deciding to buy the 60PB6900 (named 60PB690V in Sweden).
I upgraded from my older Panasonic TX-P50G30 and after unboxing and a minor changes in the settings i think i made the right decision, the picture is great, Colour rendering is wonderful!

Unfortunately i almost instantly discovered some lipsync issues on 24 hertz playback, and stutter in 60 hertz.

I am running Plex from my MAC mini connected to my Plasma. The picture and audio is set to passthrough, so my reciecer is doing the processing.
I've had no problems with this set up on my old TV, but on my 60PB6900 i am experiencing lipsync issues in 24 hertz mode.
Plex is set to change the display refresh rate of the display (60PPB6900 in this case) to the refresh rate in the movie source, on my old Plasma this made the picture very much smoother och clearer, however on my new LG 60PB6900 the sound is 0.5-1 sec out of sync from the video when the source and display refresh rate is 24 hertz. Its the same result if i turn off the setting in Plex and instead change the MAC's display refresh rate to 24 hertz, so the problem is not in the Plex or MAC display settings but in 24 hertz playback overall. I Suspected the "Cinema Mode (24p)" setting, but there's no difference if its on or off.

If i turn OFF the "change display refresh rate to source format" setting in Plex and run my new LG in 60 hertz mode i have no problem with lipsync. Instead of that i have another problem, Very annoying stutter, appearing randomly maybe 2-3 times per minute. Doesnt matter if its Plex or VLC. I've tested with all "advanced picture settings" as off and on, no difference. I suspected the True Motion setting, but there's no difference if its on or off.

I havent tested with Blu-ray discs yet, but will do tonight.

Anyone else had these issues or maybe knows what the problem can be?
I had lip sync issues also from my PS4 through my Onkyo. It was weird because it was when I was calibrating it (or trying my best too lol). I was trying to make different settings for games and for watching blu ray. Sometimes after I paused the blu ray, with the ISF calibration mode, the playback would have lip sync issues but not all the time. Game mode did not have issues.

Remember the plasma now has a refresh rate of 600hz. The LG also might not have proper pull down for precise 24hz playback. If the video is smooth then you are golden though. Just adjust the lip sync settings in your receiver to compensate. Keep Plex outputting at source and try a few different movies.

I thought thats what the Cinema mode was for (24hz playback) and I will mess around with the settings some more and see how it affects my movies. For me I noticed smoother playback when it was on actually.
post #460 of 759 Old 06-23-2014, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Took the plunge and finally bit the bullet that I'm not going to get anyone to take our "Bubba" off my hands(Sony 36XS955) for any real value. The $600 price at Microcenter, and hopefully the year free of Netflix on top of that is just too good of a deal to pass up on, and who knows what kind of a price I might end up paying on a set down the road. Went into Best Buy and had NO issues whatsoever with the price match and should be getting my set delivered on Thursday. The main thing I know will be a big improvement will be my Blu collection being played at 1080p on a screen that will be over 1000 sq. in. larger than the current image I have It's been a long time coming but finally getting my 1st flat screen. While my wife is semi-ok with going ahead with getting it since technically our old set still works, she is thrilled about getting the monstrosity out and welcoming "Big Bertha" into the house as we call it for our 5 yo son.

Right now my main plan of attack is to play a lot of my tv shows/nature/concert blu's for awhile and only game on it here and there during my break in. I have both Band of Brothers and The Pacific that I have never seen before. And will probably go through and catch back up and watch my 2 fave comedies of this era, Big Bang Theory and Modern Family.

So to start what would people recommend as far as settings, should I go with someone's here that I have seen and then once I've had plenty of hours on it then do a serious calibration with a disc? I know the old saying of go with what looks good to you, but at the same time this is my first time in my entire life of actually owning something that is not a tube(not counting pc/laptop screens obviously).
post #461 of 759 Old 06-23-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schloob1 View Post
Took the plunge and finally bit the bullet that I'm not going to get anyone to take our "Bubba" off my hands(Sony 36XS955) for any real value. The $600 price at Microcenter, and hopefully the year free of Netflix on top of that is just too good of a deal to pass up on, and who knows what kind of a price I might end up paying on a set down the road. Went into Best Buy and had NO issues whatsoever with the price match and should be getting my set delivered on Thursday. The main thing I know will be a big improvement will be my Blu collection being played at 1080p on a screen that will be over 1000 sq. in. larger than the current image I have It's been a long time coming but finally getting my 1st flat screen. While my wife is semi-ok with going ahead with getting it since technically our old set still works, she is thrilled about getting the monstrosity out and welcoming "Big Bertha" into the house as we call it for our 5 yo son.

Right now my main plan of attack is to play a lot of my tv shows/nature/concert blu's for awhile and only game on it here and there during my break in. I have both Band of Brothers and The Pacific that I have never seen before. And will probably go through and catch back up and watch my 2 fave comedies of this era, Big Bang Theory and Modern Family.

So to start what would people recommend as far as settings, should I go with someone's here that I have seen and then once I've had plenty of hours on it then do a serious calibration with a disc? I know the old saying of go with what looks good to you, but at the same time this is my first time in my entire life of actually owning something that is not a tube(not counting pc/laptop screens obviously).
Congrats! You won't be disappointed. I went with Taheer's settings with Titan's white balance settings. I think that gets the best. Or you can go straight Taheer. His is off a calibrated set. Let us know how it goes once it gets there!
post #462 of 759 Old 06-24-2014, 11:54 AM

Could someone measure and let me know what the "footprint' is of the pedestal itself. Hard to know for sure based off of the specs they give. thx
post #463 of 759 Old 06-24-2014, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schloob1 View Post
Could someone measure and let me know what the "footprint' is of the pedestal itself. Hard to know for sure based off of the specs they give. thx
It's approx. 21" X 12.5"
post #464 of 759 Old 06-24-2014, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I just bought this TV a few days ago - here are some of my thoughts:

My local Best Buy wouldn't quite match the price of Microcenter, claiming it's too far under their cost, but I did get it for $699. Still a great price.

My TV was mfg'd in March 2014 and did not come with wifi adapter in the box, but a quick call to customer service and it's on it's way.

The free Netflix promotion does not apply to this TV, but like others have said, type in your serial number twice (both times it complains its not valid) and upload your receipt anyway and you will still get the offer code via email.

Playing 24hz bluray movies, the image is spectacular, and the motion is nearly as good as a DLP.

I used Taheer's image settings and Titan's color management settings, though I reduced the panel brightness to about 67 because I have such a small room, the suggested settings were overwhelming in my room.

Playing cable TV, motion judder isn't a problem most of the time, but on occasion it can be bad. Example, a white moving car against a static background produces several frames of ghost images behind the car.

With only 10 hours or so on the TV, the only image retention that occurs is with menus. Even leaving TV paused for 10 minutes doesn't produce any IR.

I can say with certainty that the PC HDMI input and associated game picture mode are necessary to play video games. Without both, there is noticeable lag in even general mouse movement.

Most annoying is the extreme differences in lip sync. All of my sources go into my Onkyo receiver via HDMI then into the LG via HDMI. Each source requires such differences in lip syncing. Watching 24hz bluray movie is different than DVDs, even from the same device. Watching Netflix on PC has different lip sync lag than playing a game! I am using 195ms of delay to get voices to match on a bluray. Crazy!
post #465 of 759 Old 06-24-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehgz1 View Post
It's approx. 21" X 12.5"
Thx
post #466 of 759 Old 06-24-2014, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
i'm wondering if anyone else is having this SLIGHT issue...

there was some talk about this tv having no/little buzz. i do find that to be true but i did recently notice that when the tv is turned off, on occasion there is a faint buzzing sound coming from the power supply. am i to assume that is relatively normal? at this point i can really only hear it when my ear is to the back panel, but wanted to confirm that this is pretty standard for plasmas?

my box did come with ferrite core's which i did add to the power cable (as the instructions said to do).

any information would be great. thanks.
post #467 of 759 Old 06-25-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seikon View Post
i'm wondering if anyone else is having this SLIGHT issue...

there was some talk about this tv having no/little buzz. i do find that to be true but i did recently notice that when the tv is turned off, on occasion there is a faint buzzing sound coming from the power supply. am i to assume that is relatively normal? at this point i can really only hear it when my ear is to the back panel, but wanted to confirm that this is pretty standard for plasmas?

my box did come with ferrite core's which i did add to the power cable (as the instructions said to do).

any information would be great. thanks.
Are you plugged into a surge protector or directly into the wall? Does your power cord touch or rest on the back of the tv? Both of those can cause the buzz which is slight interference. All plasma's have a faint buzz. It should not be audible at normal listening levels.
post #468 of 759 Old 06-25-2014, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmtaub View Post
Are you plugged into a surge protector or directly into the wall? Does your power cord touch or rest on the back of the tv? Both of those can cause the buzz which is slight interference. All plasma's have a faint buzz. It should not be audible at normal listening levels.
Four months and still loving the TV....
post #469 of 759 Old 06-25-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
interesting...i am plugged into a surge protector, no good?? the power cord does touch the back of the tv as well, i shouldn't be doing that?

as for the faint buzz...if i am listening behind the tv with the volume down i can hear a little buzz, so far nothing too unacceptable.

thanks.
post #470 of 759 Old 06-25-2014, 07:21 PM

A lot of times, being in a surge protector can increase the buzz. Based on what you are saying, what you hear is normal. And why would you be behind the tv?

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
post #471 of 759 Old 06-26-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
A lot of times, being in a surge protector can increase the buzz. Based on what you are saying, what you hear is normal. And why would you be behind the tv?

Are you not aware that is the optimal viewing point per THX guidelines?
seikon and dmtaub like this.
post #472 of 759 Old 06-26-2014, 12:55 PM

I'm a german customer and I have the 60PB6900 model (in EU 60LB690v). I find the backlighting very good! I have made a video on YouTube. There you can see the good black:

Last edited by mihaki; 06-26-2014 at 01:50 PM.
post #473 of 759 Old 06-26-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:

officially i don't normally watch tv from behind it! it was more of a test to see the buzz. but from what i've read on this thread and others about plasma's, some buzz is to be expected. just be glad we don't have samsungs!!

it was the buzz when the tv was turned off that seemed weird. the funny thing is i changed outlet's on the surge protector and now with the tv off it's silent as can be.

my cord isn't even long enough to get to a wall outlet but i did think it was a good idea to get a surge protector no?
post #474 of 759 Old 06-26-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seikon View Post
officially i don't normally watch tv from behind it! it was more of a test to see the buzz. but from what i've read on this thread and others about plasma's, some buzz is to be expected. just be glad we don't have samsungs!!

it was the buzz when the tv was turned off that seemed weird. the funny thing is i changed outlet's on the surge protector and now with the tv off it's silent as can be.

my cord isn't even long enough to get to a wall outlet but i did think it was a good idea to get a surge protector no?
I think you are good. Maybe just a bad outlet on the surge protector. As long as your tv is grounded, you are good. And yes, glad we do not have a samsung. Had a D550 and it buzzed like a horse fly.

As I said before, a little buzz is normal.
post #475 of 759 Old 06-26-2014, 08:28 PM

OK so mine arrived yesterday. It's been mounted, and is replacing a 50PK750 on the wall. I've been running it about 24 consecutive hours now for the initial break in phase. Late last night the TV turned off then turned on unexpectedly. I only saw it once and didn't think much about it. Today however it's been doing it fairly regularly about every 15 minutes or so. No matter what input is used, it will turn off then turn right back on. Heat doesn't seem to be an issue, as it's barely warm when I feel behind it.

I had the LG 50 for about 3 years and this never happened once. I've looked around the web and it appears this is fairly common with all makes. The only "fix" I've tried was the "holding down the power button for 30 seconds" trick, which didn't work (as expected). Seems there's lot's of snake oil fixes out there, so I'm not going to start trying them all.

I'll probably call LG service tomorrow,but in the meantime are there any suggestions? The TV is plugged into a surge protector. I've tried it both with and without it. Same result. Also took the batteries out of the remote. Still does it.
post #476 of 759 Old 06-26-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canbonbon View Post
Never mind, I found it on their website. I just did not know the name of the dongle she sent. It is Bluetooth 3.0

http://www.lg.com/us/tv-accessories/...00-usb-adapter

So pairing of more than one headset is out If anyone has any suggestions then that would be great.
Can you tell me how to pair a headset? I can't find the option. Thanks in advance!
post #477 of 759 Old 06-27-2014, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatDood View Post
OK so mine arrived yesterday. It's been mounted, and is replacing a 50PK750 on the wall. I've been running it about 24 consecutive hours now for the initial break in phase. Late last night the TV turned off then turned on unexpectedly. I only saw it once and didn't think much about it. Today however it's been doing it fairly regularly about every 15 minutes or so. No matter what input is used, it will turn off then turn right back on. Heat doesn't seem to be an issue, as it's barely warm when I feel behind it.

I had the LG 50 for about 3 years and this never happened once. I've looked around the web and it appears this is fairly common with all makes. The only "fix" I've tried was the "holding down the power button for 30 seconds" trick, which didn't work (as expected). Seems there's lot's of snake oil fixes out there, so I'm not going to start trying them all.

I'll probably call LG service tomorrow,but in the meantime are there any suggestions? The TV is plugged into a surge protector. I've tried it both with and without it. Same result. Also took the batteries out of the remote. Still does it.
Could you not just return the set and get a new one? That is what I would recommend if possible.
post #478 of 759 Old 06-27-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taheer19 View Post
Could you not just return the set and get a new one? That is what I would recommend if possible.
It was shipped from Il. I live in CA. There's no way I'm going to take it off the wall, package it up and take it somewhere to be shipped.

The LG tech was just here. He entered the service menu and looked at the start/stop logs. There was a bunch of "no polling" errors, which he indicated was a sign of a main board failure. He has to order a new one then will be back out, probably sometime next week. Great Quality Control LG @@
post #479 of 759 Old 06-27-2014, 07:02 PM

Arrived late this afternoon, this thing is GORGEOUS. I'll admit I loved my Sony 36XS955, but the sheer difference in screen size alone with as good of if not better picture for Blu's especially has made this a great purchase.Had Finding Nemo on while I still had to work, and now I'm enjoying Pacific Rim. For $600 very satisfied to say the least.

Will say this, seeing these in the store does not prepare you for how big they actually are in your room. Even having a mock up piece of cardboard did not truly show the size of this thing. For my size room of roughly 12x12 and barely a 7' ceiling this truly does now feel like the HT I have been wanting.

Last edited by Schloob1; 06-27-2014 at 08:30 PM.
post #480 of 759 Old 06-28-2014, 07:31 AM

VESA Specs for LG 60PB6900

VESA Specs for LG 60PB6900

I wall mount some of my televisions and it is good to know what bolts to have beforehand so when the television is delivered you can get it on the wall that day. If you get this wonderful television and want to wall mount it then maybe the following may be of some assistance.

It is VESA 40 (One of the M6 Variant F standards) which is a pretty standard distance between the mounting nuts for televisions this size. It takes an M6 bolt and the depth of the mounting nut is 18 mm. Crank it deeper and it is broken. You can see inside easily and use a toothpick to verify the depth. (Please check all these stats. They could be wrong!) Technically the bolt is 6mm-1.0. If the package just says M6 then the screw pitch is probably 1.0 which should work. Of course, do not force it. They go in very easily. So try the bolt first before putting on the wall mount.

The back of the television is very flat except for the circular depressions around the mounting bolts.

The depressed area around the mounting nut is about (I did not measure this) 3 to 4 cm but this could be way off. It is definitely smaller in diameter than a large fender washer. It is very shallow so that a regular flat washer in the depression will be higher than the rest of the back of the television. I only used a 1/4 in x 0.32 inch Fiber Washer. This brought the surface of the depressed area up to the rest of the television. There are lots of installation variations. Many people like to use a standoff so that the only parts touching the television are the standoffs and the rest of the mount is isolated. I prefer the wall mount touching the back of the television. Of course, this risks cracking the back if it is cinched down too hard so use the instructions that came with the mount.

Special Note: I put this particular wall mount on the wall in 2006 when televisions were heavier. The wall mount can be handle a 150 pound television and required some big bolts and patching and painting and I do not want to move it. If you have not installed your wall mount yet then get the dimensions of where the VESA nuts are in relation to the set. I installed it using the holes in the wall mount that would put the television in the highest position on the wall and it ended up one inch lower than I would like it to be. Since nothing is nearby, no one notices but me.

The other consideration is that the rear set of inputs is just inferior and to the right of the right lower mounting bolt. If this is a problem then the side inputs are available except that the only set of component inputs is in the back. The power plug is in the center of the back and is in a great location for a wall mount. The television comes with a "right angle" plug that is a nice flush finish. If you want to get an aftermarket 14 AWG cord then make sure to specify "right angle" and not "left angle" IEC C13. An upsized power cord is probably not necessary. This plasma takes much less energy to work than previous ones. I could find no no cooling fans and it barely gets warm. (There are comments about the noise from this set but whatever noise there is present is much less than the cooling fans from some of my old Panasonic Plasmas.)
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
pb6600
Gear in this thread - pb6600 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page