Panasonic VIERA TC-P65ST60 no picture just buzzing - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-18-2014, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought this tv last September, and when I turned it on this morning, all I got was a loud buzzing sound. I unplugged the tv, and when I plugged it back in the buzzing resumed and no picture showed. When I pressed the OK button, I could hear the tv beep like it does when it goes from the home screen to full screen, but still no picture. Just a loud buzzing, like aaaaannnnnnggggg.

Anyone else experience a problem like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2014, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
A loud buzz sometimes indicates that a board is being overtaxed, usually from a broken plasma panel.

Inspect your panel carefully with a light, and look for any cracks.

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
Old 04-18-2014, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the screen for cracks with a flashlight, but didn't see any cracks.

Any other possibilities?
Old 04-19-2014, 09:59 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis65 View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the screen for cracks with a flashlight, but didn't see any cracks.Any other possibilities?

Well that's good news that there are no cracks so obviously something inside the TV has failed. The only recourse you have now is to contact Panasonic and arrange for it to be repaired under warranty. Hopefully it's just a simple quick board replacement and not something more serious like a failure in the panel or it's on-board electronics (which would require the whole plasma panel be replaced). Some technicians are very good at isolating exactly which board the buzzing sound is coming from and diagnosing it properly, but others don't know how to do anything other than just start replacing boards until the TV comes back on.

If it is the panel, they may not have any replacements available or may deem it too expensive to repair and invoke their right to buy the dead TV back from you, but i would push hard for repair and tell them any thought of a refund is unacceptable.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...