Pioneer Kuro 9G Euro PDP-LX5090 with 8 blue blinks - Repair - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-05-2014, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 124
I paid far too much for a faulty TV, but I really, really wanted my Kuro. This TV will intermittently power on, when it fails to power on it will flash the blue power light 8 times. When it powers on it works perfectly.

The fix is to replace a 1.8V regulator on the SCART A/V board, or to replace the entire A/V board assembly. Testing the regulator, when faulty, it outputs 0.01V, when working 1.79V (it's a 1.8V regulator). In the faulty state, a small amount of freeze spray will bring it back to life.

The regulator is hard to source in the UK, but it appears BA18BC0WFP will fit fine as a substitute part (the original is NJM2846.) The part does require moderate soldering skills (and of course a soldering iron) to replace.

Cost of the part is approx £1.50

Hope this helps someone else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-15-2014, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom669 View Post
I paid far too much for a faulty TV, but I really, really wanted my Kuro. This TV will intermittently power on, when it fails to power on it will flash the blue power light 8 times. When it powers on it works perfectly.

The fix is to replace a 1.8V regulator on the SCART A/V board, or to replace the entire A/V board assembly. Testing the regulator, when faulty, it outputs 0.01V, when working 1.79V (it's a 1.8V regulator). In the faulty state, a small amount of freeze spray will bring it back to life.

The regulator is hard to source in the UK, but it appears BA18BC0WFP will fit fine as a substitute part (the original is NJM2846.) The part does require moderate soldering skills (and of course a soldering iron) to replace.

Cost of the part is approx £1.50

This repair worked for me as well. I have the Australian C509A model.

The IC regulator can be purchased here.

An excellent video walk-through the repair is shown below;

Patience should be taken with the removal of the faulty IC. It really does take up to a minute to heat up and melt the solder.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-16-2014, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Another Kuro rescued from the trash disposal. Great to hear. Mine is still working fine after this repair.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-05-2014, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom669 View Post
I paid far too much for a faulty TV, but I really, really wanted my Kuro. This TV will intermittently power on, when it fails to power on it will flash the blue power light 8 times. When it powers on it works perfectly.<br><br>
The fix is to replace a 1.8V regulator on the SCART A/V board, or to replace the entire A/V board assembly. Testing the regulator, when faulty, it outputs 0.01V, when working 1.79V (it's a 1.8V regulator). In the faulty state, a small amount of freeze spray will bring it back to life.<br><br>
The regulator is hard to source in the UK, but it appears BA18BC0WFP will fit fine as a substitute part (the original is NJM2846.) The part does require moderate soldering skills (and of course a soldering iron) to replace.<br><br>
Cost of the part is approx £1.50<br><br>
My pioneer 5090h had the same problem with yours....so i replace a 1.8V regulator and NOW is working !!!!!!!!

This repair worked for me as well.

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!!
post #5 of 5 Old 09-05-2014, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrojam View Post
My pioneer 5090h had the same problem with yours....so i replace a 1.8V regulator and NOW is working !!!!!!!!

This repair worked for me as well.

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!!
That is great to hear! My PDP-LX5090 is still going strong, and looks better than ever with the tweaks to the black level. I've never seen a panel that looked so good before.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page