Can anyone help me figure out the last EDTV plasma Panasonic made? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-13-2014, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone help me figure out the last EDTV plasma Panasonic made?

I've been doing some research to try and find exactly when Panasonic stopped making their plasma EDTV's, as I'm looking to upgrade mine (specifically for 480p gaming, I've got plenty of HDTV's for other uses). I'm hoping someone here happens to be savvy on this topic.

The biggest problem I'm having is finding the equivalent consumer models for industrial/professional panels. I believe the last professional model they made was the TH-xxPWD8UK (37" and 42" are what I've seen IIRC). My best guess is that the TH-PDxx50u is the consumer version of the same TV, mainly because it's got the same contrast ratio and is listed as having an "eight generation plasma panel", but I'm not positive.

As for the last consumer model they released, it appears to be the TH-PDxx60u though I'm much less sure about this one. I pretty much just added onto the number at the end in an attempt to find the newest one that returned Google results; not exactly a scientific approach.

Can anyone confirm or deny any of this research, or have anything else to contribute? Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-13-2014, 09:13 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrocks95 View Post
I've been doing some research to try and find exactly when Panasonic stopped making their plasma EDTV's, as I'm looking to upgrade mine (specifically for 480p gaming, I've got plenty of HDTV's for other uses). I'm hoping someone here happens to be savvy on this topic. The biggest problem I'm having is finding the equivalent consumer models for industrial/professional panels. I believe the last professional model they made was the TH-xxPWD8UK (37" and 42" are what I've seen IIRC). My best guess is that the TH-PDxx50u is the consumer version of the same TV, mainly because it's got the same contrast ratio and is listed as having an "eight generation plasma panel", but I'm not positive.

As for the last consumer model they released, it appears to be the TH-PDxx60u though I'm much less sure about this one. I pretty much just added onto the number at the end in an attempt to find the newest one that returned Google results; not exactly a scientific approach.

Can anyone confirm or deny any of this research, or have anything else to contribute? Any help would be appreciated!
The last 480p Consumer model was the 2006 PD60U series.

And IIRC the PWD8UK was the last 480p Pro model. The PW means it has a 480p panel, PH means 768p panel, and PF means 1080p panel - regardless of model year.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #3 of 5 Old 06-13-2014, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post
The last 480p Consumer model was the 2006 PD60U series.

And IIRC the PWD8UK was the last 480p Pro model. The PW means it has a 480p panel, PH means 768p panel, and PF means 1080p panel - regardless of model year.
Good to hear, thanks for the confirmation! I didn't know they kept naming so consistent, especially since the switch between 7UY and 8UK really threw me off. Now I just need to decide between the consumer with the newer panel or the professional with the slightly older one...
post #4 of 5 Old 06-13-2014, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 126
I didnt know they made Panny Pro 8UKs in ED. I thought the 7UY was the last.

Vizio VP322 Plasma / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Denon 2200 Silicon Image DVD / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis DVD / Oppo 970HD Mediatek DVD / Oppo 983H Anchor Bay DVD / Panasonic LX-600 Laserdisc / Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS / PS2 / Sega Genesis / Nintendo SNES / Roku 2 XS & HD-XR / Realistic STA-90 Reciever / Realistic Minimus 7 / Antennacraft G1483 Hoverman / Belden 7915A RG6 / Channel Master 7777 Titan 2 UHF/VHF / Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
post #5 of 5 Old 06-13-2014, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Yup, and I've actually been able to find some online. I have no clue if Panasonic is the way to go for old, large EDTV's, but at least I now know the best one(s) they made.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
edtv , Panasonic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page